Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Welcome to TEXAS

After what seemed like a eternity my family of four has finally be reunited back together as one. Monday evening my mom and I headed out to DFW to pick up Bailey Girl from her long flight over to the mainland. I was worried sick about her and how she would do but tried to be positive about it. Dingo did good one his flight but Bailey is more of a well baby when it comes to change. She just doesn’t do well at all so this up coming move should be interesting.
We arrived at the airport right on time when the plan was suppose to land, only to find out that it takes another 45 minutes after the plane lands before she would be at the cargo pick up area. I was so frustrated not only had I made dinner for the family back home at my Mamaw’s house for everyone but now we were really gonna be stuck in traffic getting back home and more important I just wanted my puppy back and to know she was ok. I patently paced the parking lot waiting and waiting when finally the time came and she had arrived. I peeked my head through the door to the area were she was in her kennel and was so excited. Almost like a kid on christmas getting their very first puppy. It had been almost two long weeks with out her and Dingo & I were missing her very much.



Shortly after signing a few papers she was released to me and we were headed home. Lots of slobbery wet kisses and stinky breath but that’s ok I didn’t mind I was just happy to have my girl back.

Tuesday had to be the longest day of them all waiting for my hubbs to get in to town. Him and his dad were driving from PHX, AZ to DFW, TX and it took everything I could do just to get through the day. We have been apart many times over the last almost 5 years now but 9 & 1/2 times outta 10 it was work related and this time it was not. I missed him terribly we were both doing family things with our families but we weren’t together. He was in Hawaii for a week more after I left and then in AZ for a week after that. (I left when I did to be able to spend a little extra time in TX) This separation was hard on both of us REALLY hard. I missed my husband like crazy and needed him more than ever during these last two weeks but sadly I had to manage to make it on my own. I had his emails every morning to wake up to and phone calls through out the day but something just wasn’t quite the same.
He had a really hard time with us being apart this time as well, he said it well when he made the comment “when I’m deployed I’m with the guys and we are all in the same boat, were as now I’m the only one in this situation.” I missed my husband so much it hurt, it wasn’t the same as a deployment however there is just something about being away from the one that you love that is never easy.
It was dreadfully late Tuesday night and I was trying everything I could do to stay awake and keep my eyes open but they kept fading and quickly. I called to see were they were at and he said Fort Worth WOOP WOOP only about 30 minutes out. Finally I am that much closer to being back with my love. Still I was having a hard time staying awake it was almost 12:30AM and I’d had a long day. I dosed off only to find myself waking up to the phone ringing with my love telling me he was on Norwood, BAM I’m awake now thats the street over from my Mamaws house. I rushed out side just as they were pulling up and jumped in to his arms squeezing him as tight as I could. I was so relieved and excited to have him with me. Sure we weren’t home in our home were we live but things seemed much more normal now that we were back together. We have spent so much time apart during our relationship that I cherish every second we have together.

No comments: