Thursday, March 31, 2016

We're having a...

I've been sitting on pins and needles every since we found out we were expecting. Waiting and Wondering what our sweet baby was. Were we having a Boy or a Girl. If you know me at all, you know I've always been 100% girl. I always said I would cry my eyes out if we had a boy. At the beginning of the pregnancy I was still all girl. But as time progressed I started leaning more and more towards really really wanting a boy. I found myself thinking that I would actually be disappointed it we ended up not having a boy. Regardless it was all silliness. As long as our sweet little baby was HEALTHY, that was all that matter. People would ask me what I want and I'd say "a girl but I'm almost most positive we are having a boy." Boys are much more dominate on both our sides of the family. When the hubbs was asked by anyone he would reply with "healthy" but deep down he wanted a boy. 
We weren't going to find out early what we were having. The hubbs theory behind it was "why pay for something when we get it for free through our insurance." Yes Yes, I totally get it and understand BUT if we wanted until we where able to find out through the military hospital on post we would not find out till Mid May and I just could not at all wait that long. I mean sure it's only a month and a half away but STILL its so far away. I wanted to know, I needed to know!!! 

We made a appointment during my lunch break and met up to at Baby Bump. That morning getting ready for work and all through the work day I was a nervous wreck. I new I wanted to know what we where having, but a little part of me was thinking "once we find out, then its really real." "Wait who am I kidding its already real". I think it was just a bit over whelming maybe. 
I knew, I just knew it was a boy. The night before I asked the hubbs what he though we where having and he said a "girl." But the day of he said a "boy." 
We where all set up in the room it was about to happen... we where going to find out the gender of our sweet baby. The In-Loves were able to view the entire sonogram live on line. It was so cool to have them be apart of such a special time in our life, being so far away. 
Clear as crystal there he was, our little guy. You couldn't have mistaken it at all. 
We where able to watch our little guy on the big screen for a good 20 minutes during our appointment. He is such a active guy, even at our first ultrasound our midwife made a comment about how active he was. 
We couldn't be more excited about having a little boy. Everything looked good during the sonogram. Since its not a OB office they aren't able to really tell you details, but the tech informed us that nothing at all looked alarming to her. Blood flow was great, all his limbs, fingers and toes were accounted for. We couldn't be more blessed. 

I posted this picture on Instagram and Facebook this evening sharing with all our family and friends. 
We love love cupcakes so when I was tossing idea's around on how I wanted to share with everyone, this seemed perfectly fitting!!! 

I have another appointment coming up in about two weeks and I'm curious to see how our little man is doing, hear his heart beat and to hear what our mid-wife has to say. I only wish the hubbs was going to be here to go with me. At least he'll be here for our appointment in May, which is a big one. 

No comments: