Friday, May 14, 2010

ME TIME!!!!!

After a LONG stressful day at work I was in for some much needed ME TIME. Work was crazy busy, there were so many people out and seemed like there were more children than normal. Gabe had his company party this afternoon and I wasn't able to go for other reason's which turned out horrible there for a bit. It was like a giant ordeal trying to get out of work at 4pm, which mind you is the time I get off. I always say if I could take over the front desk just for a day things would be so different. But then again, that's not my job. I choose to work with the kiddos and help them grow into young people.
Crystal and I finally got out of work about 4:15 (we road together today) and Gabe was still at Hickman beach were they were having their company party AKA Mandatory Fun day. Mandatory Fun day ~ now that's another thing that gets to me. I get that the army wants to do something nice for the soldiers and their families but I tell you the last thing I want to do is spend the afternoon with everyone he works with. When he is going to be spending the next YEAR with them, with out me. Give the guys the day off or the afternoon for that matter to spend with their families and wives to do the things they want to do as a couple / family. Any how like I said a that's a whole other story.
So I quickly ran up stairs once I got home and changed in to my swim suit, grabbed my beach bag and was out the door. With my windows down the radio up and the wind blowing through my hair I was on my way to North Shore. I swear a girl can't get enough time in the sun and what better place to soak it up than the beach right down the street from post.
Laying out in the sun, people watching with a MILLION thoughts running through my head. Just thinking of how grateful I am to be here in such a beautiful place with the most amazing supportive man by my side. I am so scared of the year to come but I have to stand tall and support my soldier as he fights for our country's safety. I have a feeling I am going to be spending a lot more time this next year at the beach "thinking" and soaking up the sun". Bring on this deployment, I'm gonna rock it out and make the most of my time here in Hawaii with our friends we call family here on Island.







1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

The beach is my favorite place to clear my head. Something about the crashing waves and warm rays of the sun helps me sort through my thoughts. I hope you were able to sort through things chickadee :) Thinking of you.