Monday, February 7, 2011

Change: GOOD or BAD

Every now and then we all need a little change in our lives weather that be a good or bad change. I started the year off with a life style change on the way I eat, or eat out rather. I gave up fast food starting January 1st, no particular reason just a goal I set for myself. And today I am happy to say a little over a month later and I haven't had any FF. I started off by saying that I would give it up till Gabe came home for R&R and it would be ok to eat while he was home and then once he left back to NO fast food. The more I got to thinking about it why give in just for the time he is home. So I'm not I talked to Gabe and he supports my decision on not eating it. So here we go continuing on the no FF band wagon.
February rolled around and it brought another change to the table. I opted to give up soda, not that I drink it a lot at all here in Hawaii (back on the mainland were there is a Sonic now that was a totally different story.) but its the fact that I do. Every now and then I will grab one when I'm at work from the machine in our break room. When I go out to dinner some times I'll order a soda vs. water or tea. Not any more though soda has been nixed from the menu of drink options.
I've though ahead to March as well and I have decided to give up all & any types of Candy come the 1st. Not sweets all together because I LOVE LOVE to bake sweet goodies and you can't bake and not indulge that would just be crazy, So candy it is.

One other big change that I have made this month has been my beautiful long dark hair. I wanted to do something different color wise and well I did. (its not at all what I though it was gonna be like) It is still taking so time to adjust and get use to. I have never had my hair this light before even if it is just highlights, so its a bit more than different for me. I am giving it till after R&R and then if I am still not loving it I might go back dark. We will see, everyone else seems to love it and says it looks great and brings out my tan. But I can't help but wonder if they are just saying that to be nice and not hurt my feelings. I went in with the idea of only getting TWO inches cut off and came out having gotten 10 inches cut off. I MISS my long hair SOOOOO much but I do love the new cut that I have its fun and definitely different. I plan on growing it back out though and keeping it long, I like it better than way but for now I'll have to wait it out.

No comments: