Tuesday, February 8, 2011

HOURLY

I HATED it at first, the though of not having the same face's everyday. Not getting that one on one communication with the P's and things always changing. The though of no structure just rubbed me the wrong way. But now I wouldn't have it any other way. Just about each and everyone of my dearest friends here on Island came some how because I started working in the HOURLY Infant room at Peterson.
Don't get me wrong some times I do have ruff days were I just wanna walk out but then I think about all the little hearts I would be leaving. And well honestly I am not ready to do that to them. I first started with Hourly in November of 2009 with my Best Friend Crystal and we took the class and turned it around and made it in to what it is today. Shortly after she moved my Spouse stepped in and took her spot. It was a ruff road for her due to management but we fought and made it work and just made the class room even better than what it already was. Sadly she recently left as well, but I forgive her. I now have a fabulous co-worker named Renee and we make a awesome team and I'm truly blessed to be able to work with her each and every day.
Both myself and Crystal have a special bond as well as Sarah and I that NO one will ever be able to break or come between us. These two girls are my world and I don't think I would have become who I am over the last 2 1/2 years with out them apart of my life.

Not only are the girls I've had the chance to work with amazing but I have become so close with some of my parents who are regulars. I guess when I first started in hourly I didn't realize that some parents brought their kiddos regularly but they do. I try to built that bond with each and every parent and child that comes in our class and some how some are stronger than other and then there are some that, well I'll leave it at that.
For the most part "My Girls" have moved up to the toddler class which makes me sad. I wish they could stay in my class forever, but its ok I manage to see them when they come in and as well as out side the center at least once a week for the most part. As for my boys there are a few that just melt my heart and I love seeing them. It still doesn't quite win me over on wanting a boy though if we ever do decide to have a kid. My heart is set on a girl.

I have been blessed with some of the most amazing parents ever, and would thank each and everyone of them personally if I could. Some children come in and we only have them once and then other we have that come any were from 2-4 times a week and they all brighten my day in some way or another.

A conversation I had tonight with a parent just reminded me of why I am were I am right now. I may not always love it but it's the right thing to do. I know that and am reminded each and every time I see my kids look at me and smile or when we are out and about and I run in to a family that I know and their little ones get all excited to see me. And I know I must be doing something right if the families I have met and become good friends with continue to ask me to watch their little ones outside the center.

Children are a blessing and I'm blessed myself to be able to make a impact in their life even if its just for a day!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This post is very nice spouse. You are exactly where you should be in life. I know you love the wee little ones and they most definitely love you. It's always nice to find where and what you are supposed to be doing in life. I knew my place was elementary teaching because I love the moment in their faces when they understand something you have just taught them. We are very lucky. Most people never find where they are supposed to or what they love doing in life. It's nice to say that I love going into my job. Most people can't say that either. And most can't say they made life long friendships out of work. It's all about finding your place in life and what you are comfortable with. With us, its teaching and children. =)