Monday, March 31, 2014

It's come to a end….

I can't believe our time on the Trail is officially over. Thinking back two years ago I never though this day would come and I couldn't wait for it to get here. Now I'm wishing just a little that we still had some time left. I absolutely love the school were I work and I've made some great friends through some of my parents. Its funny how all of my friends in Hawaii were / are Milispouse's and here in the South 90% of my friends were / are parents of kiddos I had in my class. I'll def. be sad to say good bye to them when the time comes. Although we are looking forward to the future and what's in store I can't help but wish we had more time in the South. I know the hubbs is more than ready to be done and get back to a line unit. He's done his fair share of training and he's ready to get back to what he enjoy's doing. He's been counting down faithfully for about the last 6 months. He's beyond done. Frankly I'm over the unit we are with. Its only the 2nd unit we've been with but they've been horrible. I fill sorry for anyone that has to go through 2-60th. 
I took his Hat Press that I got him for our Anniversary year before last and had the plate finished. They actually redid the entire plate for me and it turned out great. The Brown Round has officially been retired. 
We've had good day's and bad day's through our time on the Trail. It's to be expected, they are gone all the time and when they are home they are extremely drained and tired. Hanging the Hat the hubbs will finally be able to go out and enjoy his free time and that means we get more time together. 
I absolutely hated the Brown Round when he first got it, I though it was the ugliest thing ever…….
 But it grew on me and now I absolutely love it. I have to say its quite sexy. I mean just look at it, he's rocking it for sure. I'll miss the stories he comes home and tell's about his day and smoking the PVT's. I'll miss being able to go out to the trainings and watching him train PVT's. I'll miss our CQ night dinners. I'll miss some parts of it I'm sure and so will he, even if he doesn't admit it. But I can't wait for what's ahead of us. Lots of changes and many more memories to be made. 
Two Years done!!! 
It's only a 2 year assignment with the option to extend a 3rd year, but we only did the 2 years. 

 Graduation Day March 22, 2012 & Last Day March 31, 2014 

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Bittersweet, but you get to start a new adventure!