Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's Pack Day….

When I moved from Texas to Hawaii and then again from Hawaii to South Carolina everything was done on one day. Not this time, we have a pack day and a moving day. Kinda random but I suppose every company has there own way of doing things right?.?.?. 
Over the last couple week's I've slowly began getting our house ready for the movers to come. Taking everything off the walls. A deep deep clean on all of our belongings and not to mention the endless dusting. I wanted everything to be nice and clean before it was boxes up, this way it helps for when I have to unpack everything at the new house. One of the ONLY plus sides to moving is going through the house and getting rid of stuff and junk we DON'T need any more!!!! I HATE HATE clutter with a passion. My motto is if we don't use it or we have to put it in storage (other than holiday decor and some childhood things) its gotta GO!!!! My husband is the worlds worst at holding on to EVERYTHING. His favorite saying is well what if I need it later?!?!? Well I guess we'll find out then won't we. 
I'm a very OCD person when it comes to our home. I like to have everything just a certain way and everything has to be nicely organized as well. That's been no different this time around either. All the wall decor has been placed in one area. All the "new" spare-bedroom stuff has been collected in one area, cookbooks together, surround system together and wrapped up. You get the idea right. The hubbs has reminded me multiple times that it is the job of the packers to wrap, box and take care of everything but I can't help myself. Since I won't be there when all of our stuff is delivered (I'll save that for another post) I want to make it as easy as possible when I do get there and organizing the house. Hubbs has been put on strict orders not to unpack or set anything up unless its his gun room stuff. I know I'm going to want things in a certain spot and it will just save us both the hassle of doing it twice if he waits till I get there. Besides to him it really doesn't make a difference one way or the other. Men I tell you, sometimes they just don't understand lol. 
Well the day has finally came and our house is getting packed up, TODAY. The packers are here, as I'm typing this, my kitchen is slowly becoming empty. My precious collection of dishes now sits in a giant box in the corner of our dinning room. There's one guy up stairs and one guy down stairs and their hard at work. I haven't even been up stairs since they started. I'm kinda nervous to go up there and see everything packed away. I know its only temporary but this has been our home for the past 2.5 years and its hard to go through another move. No matter how much I HATE Ft. Jackson or how much my husband hated his job at times, it doesn't make it any easier to move. We've built a life here, we've made friends, I've got a job that I enjoy and I have to leave it all behind and start over. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely excited about our future and what's to come at our new duty station. (I can't wait to fill you in on all of that, another post, another day maybe) But it's still going to be hard to see this chapter come to a close. Life of a Army Wife though right!!!! I wouldn't change it for the world. 
Side Note: I for got how much of a pain going through box after box is until I just looked over at a empty kitchen. You mean they will take it all out of the cabinets and drawers but they wont put it all back in?!?!? Kidding Kidding I know, I'd want to do it myself any how but still holy cow its a lot of work!!! Good thing I'll have plenty to keep me busy when we move for the first weekend. Not to worry I'll have it all unpacked and set up in no time. I HATE living out of boxes and in a disorganized mess!!!!! The OCD will kick in, in extreme over drive and take over!!! 

This is just a glimpse at what our house looked like last night when we went to bed. :( 
This morning it was even worse as I finished up last minute organizing and cleaning waiting for the packers to get here. 

3 comments:

Pamela said...

It'll be over with before you know it!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Move are always tough but great adventure lays ahead!

Joanna said...

loving your sweet blog!

new follower
joanna-dan.blogspot.com