Sunday, February 24, 2013

The last two......

These last two weekends were pretty mellow for us, we enjoyed lots of time relaxing and hanging out at home. I really can't complain one bit, because its been so nice not having anything to do or any where to go. The hubbs has had a lot of time off as well "HELLO CYCLE BREAK", which is always nice and welcome. 
Last Saturday morning I woke up early and headed out to meet up with Kelly for our run. While the hubbs when to the range to go shooting. We were both hoping to beat the horrible weather coming our way. Thankfully we both succeeded, because just as predicted the rain and sleep swept through about 9:30am. 
We finished the day off with a ever so lovely trip to the commissary and later that evening I babysat for one of the families from school. 
Sunday we did absolutely nothing, after sleeping in till about 9am we got up and I cooked us a yummy breakfast. After that I clean the house and got things ready for our house guest that was coming. I stayed in my PJ's till 6pm, we lounged around on the couch all afternoon. I think we even skipped lunch. It was perfect I don't remember the last time I was that lazy, carefree and didn't feel like going any where. Along with the laziness mint I didn't want to cook dinner. 
.........back up for a minute.......
A few months back I met a new friend via FB though my sweet friend Becca. (A & her family are stationed with B right now) A & her husband are going to be PCSing to Ft. J soon, her husband is currently going though Drill SGT School right now.  She and her girls came down to spend the weekend with her husband / daddy and we made plans to meet up for dinner Sunday night. I was excited to meet them and get to know A more. We've been going back and forth on FB for 2-3 months now, so to finally met was great. Since we made plans for dinner, that mint I had to finally get myself together.
 Dinner date with the hubbs, and new friends, I'll get ready for that. 
 Monday was Presidents day and we were extra lazy again. I'm telling you we're really uneventful people here y'all!!!! We did take the pups for a walk at a local park that morning, because it was such a beautiful day out. They had a blast and were completely exhausted be time we got home. I guess a two mile loop along a beautiful wooded trail will do that to you. They think they have such a ruff life, please they really have no clue how good they have it. 
 Later that evening I headed over to  Kelly's for our run. I didn't have much motivation after laying around on the couch all afternoon. I knew though I'd feel good after as I always do and what do you know, I felt great!!!! It was the first time trying out my new shoes and I just loved them. They were so soft and were super cushiony. Not to mention they look great on. 

Tuesday the pups got mail, seriously I told you they are spoiled. 
They're bestest puppy friend Ella sent them Valentines Day treats in the mail all the way from Hawaii. 
 Are these not the neatest things you've ever seen. I couldn't get over how cute they were. When we first gave them their treats they were a little hesitant as they didn't really know what it was. Bailey dropped her's in the kitchen and kinda just looked at it. Dingo was off and enjoying his. It finally clicked in Bailey's head that this was something you eat. 
They were preoccupied for the next 20 minutes or so. 
They def. enjoyed it and send a BIG BIG Thank You to Ella!!!!! 

If you haven't read about my day yesterday (Saturday) you should totally check it out HERE.
Rocking & Tooting my own horn, YES!!!! 
When I got home about 12:00pm I crawled into bed with the hubbs. Since he had CQ the day before (Friday) he was still fast asleep. Don't mind at all if I join you. We slept until almost 2pm, we really didn't do anything productive after that. We just moved out lazy sleepy selves down to the couch. 
That night I was in the mood for mexican food, some comfort food at that. We decided to go to our favorite little mexican joint across town. We don't go there that often so its always a special treat when we do. We splurged a little and even got dessert. 
Fried Ice Cream drizzled in honey. 
Does that look so good or what?!?!?!?
Sunday's dinner & dessert:
Fried Chicken, Cheddar Mash Potatoes and Asparagus. 
and for dessert:
Banana Bread.
Asparagus recipe found HERE from the fabulous soon to be momma at Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!
Banana Bread recipe found HERE from the new momma of beautiful baby bear. 

I hope you've enjoyed catching up on what we've been up to these last two weeks. Aside from the ever so lovely work week, you can see not much going on here. Some times though its nice that way and I'm def. not complaining.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so glad you liked the banana bread! Isn't it easy?!

You look so pretty in pink....I especially love that Minnie Mouse top- so cute! Fried ice cream...yummmmmm. You work hard running, you deserve to treat yourself once in a while!!

Tamara said...

So glad you love your new shoes! Don't they feel like you're running on clouds? I can't get over how light mine are. And oh yum, your dinner looks delicious!

Jamie said...

I love that your puppies get mail!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

YOu have been so busy! Great job keeping up with the running, you are doing amazing.

Natalie said...

I love your necklace! I have always wanted one like that!

www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Love that striped shirt!!

Pamela said...

Love that striped shirt!!

Janna Renee said...

Yay for meeting your friend! That is always fun. She should start a blog and then it will count as a "Blate". Fried ice cream....yum!