Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thunder Bird Air Show





Today I had the chance to go to the 2009 Thunderbird air show with my sweet friend Crystal & Meko along with both of their daughters. It was their 56Th season to preform and by far amazing. I had never been to a event like this before so I really didn't know what to expect. I figured some type of planes flying around doing tricks but nothing as stunning as it was. We managed so get in and sneak past security, not that we were trying just the people directing traffic didn't tell us the right way to go. There were so many people out there and tons and tons of little chittlens.
From the amazing food & drinks to the show & being able to walk in and look through some of the Air Force planes that are used today, it was all pretty neat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The air show was the best part by far & it was so amazing to see the crew doing the different tricks & swirls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~There was moments when our hearts dropped because two planes coming from different directions would cross right side by side & they would be going so fast it seemed as if they were going to crash. Or two flying side by side one upright and the other upside down. At one point they all went up in the high and formed a heart with the exhaust from their planes, the HEART was made to represent the fallen service men and women over the past years. Once done the crowd cheered with joy. It was one of those moments you had to be there to feel it and I am so blessed to have been. The air show was amazing and crazy. It takes some guts to be able to do what they do, no way I could do it.
It truly was one of the BEST days I have had in Hawaii since I have been here, if only My Love had been here to experience it with me as well. It would have been even better. (he is in the field right now doing FTX till next Thursday)

3 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing time!! The Thunderbirds always put on a fab show :) And that corn looks yummmmmmy!!

Jess said...

I've always wanted to see this show...I will someday! I'm going to actually look into it after school!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog...I know I can go to you anytime and I appreciate that. You can do the same to me...I'm always here to listen! Oh, and I won't make you wait until I'm in labor, lol!

YAY...Gabe will be home SOON!!! Have a great time with your house guests.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Check out my blog!

babyparamore.blogspot.com