Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy Busy Busy Go Go Go

I landed in Texas at 7:35am Friday morning and it was go, go, go, from that moment. My mom, Mamaw & lil. cousin Shae picked me up. I had fresh lei's that I brought them from Hawaii and they just loved them.

We made a few stops here and there on our way to my Mamaw's house. Mom, Shae & I went to two of my favorite stores and even got Sonic first thing. I surprised my cousin little Robert at school.

That afternoon I went to see my favorite Aunt & Uncle and hung out with them all evening. Which included some shopping in Dallas & of course my uncle getting lost and frustrated as always. It was so funny, not to mention all the toll booths we had to go through.
Saturday morning I was up bright and early headed to meet my momma. We were going to Martin High School Craft Fair. YEAH!!!! I was so excited, I just love going to the craft fairs and seeing all the goodies. This year was one of the biggest shows they have had in a while. After a bit of shopping around, we made our way to Shae's game. She is a cheerleader for her school football team.


Talk about a cutie, she was just a doll out there cheering along. Man she cracks me up. I hate that I am missing out on my cousins growing up, I am so close to all of them and just in the 10~months that I have been in Hawaii they have changed so much.

Mom and I headed to another craft fair after that & then I was off to the state fair. BUT not before some major detours first. I was going to catch the train in Arlington and meet up with a few friends & well due to my lack of directions I went the wrong way & missed that train, long story short. I had Gabe giving me directions over the phone the second time on how to get to the train stop in South Irving. Finally made it there and had a 45min. wait till the next one came. About 2 hours after I started my journey to the State Fair 2 trains and I crap load of UT & OU fans I go there.

I met up with my sweet friend Kari and a few of her friends and we had a blast. We tryed so many different foods from French Fry's, Chocolate covered Strawberries, Fried Cheesecake, Funnel cake, Grilled Cheese, Hot Cocoa, Corn on the Cob and so much more. In between the food we caught a ride on the Ferris Wheel which was amazing seeing the whole view of the fair and downtown Dallas.
We ended the night at the Miranda Lambert concert which was just spectacular. She is so darn cute and has an amazing voice. Dancing the night away in the middle of thousands of people was the only way to keep warm, but we had a ball.















I am so happy to be back in Texas, I have missed it so much. Not the cold weather though, now I love love living in Hawaii even more because I don't freeze my butt off. There is still 3 weeks to go and I have so much to look forward to here, can't believe things are just starting.

And by the way Chloe is doing great, she is spoiled rotten by her mommy and daddy and they just love her to bits and pieces. She is so cute and so much smaller than I remember. I don't know if I am just use to being around my big puppies now and that's why she looks so small. But she is in good hands and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Angel & Pat for taking her in and taking such good care of her. You are the bestest friends I could ever ask for.

3 comments:

Jess said...

AWE, looks like you are having such a great time! Your cousins are so cute! I know your missing Gabe and the pups but I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I ♥ the fair!! Lots of yummy yummy goodness :) It sounds like you are quite the busy bee...hope the rest of your trip is just as fun :)

NeNe said...

Did Chloe recognize you? Know she looked small after you are use to being with the bigger pups. Know your time is limited, give me a call when you can, we can meet for lunch or dinner, will get your Dad to meet us....Oh, my cell phone No. is 817-692-6973. Will be out of pocket tomorrow till about 3:00, but will have my cell with me...Know you are enjoying family and friends, but you probably miss your husband, you know you get use to having them around. Love, Nene