Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Fresh Start

This week is shaping up to be a pretty good one. I was not looking forward to it at all when Monday morning rolled into town. I was only scheduled for 5 hours every day this week and I was a bit bummed.
Yesterday, as I was fixing to head out the door from work @ 11:30 they asked me if I could stay. Of course, I am trying to get all the hours I can before I leave for Texas. So 2:45pm it was. Then it turned into 3:00pm and then FINALLY I was out the door @ 3:30pm thanks to a teacher coming back from her lunch late. But fine by me because I got 8 1/2 hours. Earlier in the day I was asked to open the next morning (Tuesday) and I said of course. Not only would I be getting 8 hours but I would be off work by 2:45pm which is nice. Monday ended & I was off to the vet to get the pups. heart worm meds. & then down to tan. Right as I got to Kunia Gabe called and was off work with some wonderful news......he dose not have to go to PTA!!! YEAH!!!!
We planned my trip to Texas around when he had PTA so we would be together for our 2ND year Wedding Anniversary hoping that everything would work out. There for a moment we weren't to sure but luckily he was already on the books to go to some schooling during that time, that turned out couldn't be changed or canceled. WOOHOO!!!
Now he may end up having to go to the Big Island (that's were PTA is held) around the 18Th to help a bit but it would only be for 2 days, which is totally fine by me because by that point it would be past our Anniversary & I would have already been home.
We ended the evening with a fairly simple dinner but good and a bit of TV, nothing to exciting on Monday nights.
The morning rolled around way to soon, it could of stayed away for just awhile longer. Never the less I was up and out the door the same time as my love headed to work. Everything went smooth, even with us being short one staff member, and that is so not normal in our class. Come to find out Mrs. Karen our lead teacher is sick (reason I opened the class this morning) & she can not return to work till after her follow up appointment on Saturday. Meaning I am opening for the rest of the week, which means 8 hours a day. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! (we hope she gets better soon, this has been going on with her for a couple months now) It may sound crazy that I'm excited about going in so early and trust me it sucks, & working the 8hrs may sound long but right now with the way they are cutting hours at work I am trying to push to get whatever I can.
The afternoon ended well, and I was out the door by 3:00pm a bit after my time, but its ok.
I am looking forward to the rest of the week and hoping that everything stays on a positive note, and even more so the long weekend ahead of us. Gabe gets a 4 day and I get a 3 day so that's nice. Lots to do this week & weekend to prep for my trip back to Texas.

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Glad to see things are falling into place for you :)