Sunday, October 25, 2009

RIP Puppy :(

Saturday night after Angela & I both got home we decided to head to "No Frills Bar & Grill" for a bite to eat.
We were on our marry way when all of a sudden Angela started screaming, I look up to see a cute little dog standing right in front of us. 11:30pm at night on a 2 lane road going one way we didn't have much time to think or move. There was a car to the left and houses to the right. Needless to say we hit the poor thing.
Angela thinks that she sees it run across the street behind us after we pass, so we turn around and go back to look & sure enough there he is standing in the middle of the street with cars whizzing by. Ok, now if you think about it we creamed the dog. We were both in SHOCK as to how he was just standing there.
We put the flashers on and I get out of the car to go see how he will react to me. And nothing he just lays down right in the middle of the street. I bring him back to the car and he hops right in. So we figure he must be ok if he jumped in.

We make our way back to the house and get him in the garage on the floor & then its all down hill from then. The poor little thing slowly started to pass away, grasping for air there was just no hope for the little guy.
Covered with a towel we wait for Pat to get home from work to help us move him.
Poor little thing, he was so cute and you could tell that he had to have been a inside dog by the way he was groomed and taken care of but he had no collar.
We are hoping that when animal control comes to pick him up he will have a micro chip & the owners will be notified.
I can't imagine if that were to be one of my babies or even Chloe. I can not wait to see my pups again. I miss them so much.

1 comment:

Jess said...

AWE, poor baby! Thank you for picking up the little guy...at least his last few moments on earth were with good, loving people rather than alone and cold. I'm glad he didn't have to die on the side of the road.

babyparamore.blogspot.com