Wednesday, November 10, 2010

3 years & still counting.....

The morning started off like any other day, only today I wasn't going to work. Up @ 7am chatting with the love of my life online, talking about the good times we've had over the last 3 years being married. Seeing him laying in bed I only wish I was there with him. OK maybe not Iraq that is but the same bed.
My sweet friend Sarah was stopping by to drop off her doggie Ella before work (long story short, they are staying here tonight) and she greeted me at my door with a beautiful boutique of flowers. AWH, I lOVE HER OH SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
I had a few wifely house chores that needed to get done around here, so I got to it right away.



Shortly after my friend Julie came over and we were off to lunch at Aloha Salad's in Kapolei. I am a sucker for a good sandwich. Out for the next adventure was some "New Ink" I have been dieing to get some work done on my back and it was just finding the right time & place. I knew what I wanted but seeing's that it was semi big I had to make sure the hubbs was really ok with it and he was. :) So after waiting for about 30 mins. when we got to my appointment early Kyle (the tattoo artist) was finally ready. He put the stencil on my back, I was in the chair clenching my fists together because I was so nervous it was going to hurt like a mofo. As he was going along it really wasn't to bad, not to say it didn't hurt but it was bearable. Now don't get me wrong it was pretty painful in some spots & I just wanted to walk away then but I knew I couldn't. Finally a little over a hour went by and he was done & I was in love with my new piece. I couldn't have picked a better shop, design, placement, style etc. it was just beautiful.






Some shopping at target to pick up a few things was a much and then a nice relaxing pedi to end our afternoon. As embarrassing as it is to say that was my first pedicure. I've had my toe nails done before but never with all the glits and glamour, so it was a well over due treat.



How for a quick change, touch up of the hair & face and to meet up with Sarah & Nancy for dinner.



We had reservations at the Oceanarium Restaurant at Pacific Beach Hotel down in Waikiki. A friend of a friend is a diver there & so that's how I heard about it. It just seemed fitting seeings we got married at a aquarium, granite it was nothing like this one. It was much more than a glass wall with fish but still it was pretty amazing. The majority of the food was sea food, I don't eat sea food but I did try crab for the first time however I was NOT a fan. I just couldn't get past the though that it was a slimy scaly fish.



The dessert bar was out of this world amazing, there was any thing from a ice cream bar to a chocolate fountain, to mini cakes & cheese cake and so much more. The whole Restaurant its self is a all you can eat self serve style so we took full advantage of it.



Before we started eating it was gift time :) First from Nancy ~ a beautiful Jessica Simpson purse which I never would of picked for myself but I love it and it's became my new favorite. Inside the purse she filled it with my all time favorite chocolate candy Kit Kat's. Second from Sarah ~ She is a big reader & I'm trying my best at becoming better at reading I just have to fine that perfect book for me to get into. She got me the book Confessions of a Military wife by: Mollie Gross & Chicken soup for a military wife. Both were on my "to get book list". Last but not least was Gabe's gift ~ wrapped in a tiny blue box :) Slowly I pulled the ribbon opening it up, there was a card that brought tears to my eyes & then when I looked down there was a tiny blue felt bag. I opened it up and pulled out the most beautiful necklace ever. It was a sterling silver chain with a crystal pendent at the bottom. I just love it, I have not felt this special in a long time through the deployment just from getting a gift.






As we were enjoying our dessert the Oceanarium does a mermaid show every night at 9PM. Watching the diver swim around with the fish we saw the mermaid diving down in as well, she was pretty but no the most graceful person in the world. The diver made her way over to our table (we were sitting right by the aquarium) and she place a sign up against the window that said "Happy Anniversary Tiff & Gabe 11-9". It was neat because at our wedding we had something similar to that, we had a diver dive in to one of the larger tanks and place a custom sign in the window were everyone could see it. (we still have it, it was a surprise to Gabe)





I had a fabulous anniversary, I was a complete mess not being able to spend it with Gabe. However I could not of asked for a better day being with out him. Everything was just perfect, and I would do it all over again if I had to. I am so grateful for my "army family" I have formed here in Hawaii. They truly made this day special for me and I love each of them.
I can't wait to be with my lover next year for our anniversary 4 YEARS wow!~!~!~!~!~! Time flies!!!!!!

love you baby always & forever & thensome!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: