Friday, November 26, 2010

"Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i "

"Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i " ~ Happy Thanksgiving

I have so much in my life to be Thankful for but the most important thing is my wonderful family. I have the most amazing husband that I could ever ask for. He takes care of me and is always there, he is a true blessing in my life. My morning started off with a phone call from him....awh I love nothing more than waking up to his voice. Shortly after a fabulous morning with my lover it was time to get the turkey in the oven. Cleaned & stuffed with loads of veggies & season's it was ready for cooking. Dinner wasn't till 6pm so I had a good amount of the day to clean & get some things done around the house. Such as ~ Christmas gifts wrapped, laundry folded & put away, did a bit of decluttering, Christmas tree up & decorated, floors clean, side dishes made. It was a busy but relaxing day, jamming out to some of my favorite tunes with a breeze blowing through the house made for a wonderful day.



Dinner time arrived & everyone showed up just in time, we loaded up our plates & dug right in. On the menu was ~ Turkey, Ham, Green bean Casserole, Sweet Potato's, MexiCorn Casserole, Deviled Eggs, Stuffing Balls, Rolls and that wasn't even the desserts. I absolutely love Thanksgiving, getting together with the ones I hold dear to my heart & talking about the year that has just passed & everything we are thankful for. Even better that Gabe was able to get online & video chat with us in the middle of dinner which was the cherry to my day!!!!!!!




Once dinner was done & cleaned up we got the pooches in to their PJ's, yup I said PJ's. Sarah & I had a sleep over planned at my place prior to BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING, although we didn't end up sleeping.



8:30pm rolled around & we found ourselves randomly walking through Kmart although that was short lived seeings they closed at 9pm, so we made our way over to OLD NAVY & camped out till midnight. There was probably about 20 people in front of us so it wasn't bad at all but after about a hour & half the line was all the way down the side walk & wrapped around the building. Once we got in it was mad craziness people every were and they kept coming in. Before we knew it the line to check out wrapped all the way to the back around the back wall and then back down the opposite it was madness. It went by fairly quickly though we only ended up waiting in line for about half a hour. I scored a couple new pair of blue jeans a shirt for the hubby & a couple outfits for two of my cousins back in Texas.



Next stop was ALA MOANA MALL downtown it was 3AM be time we got there & got in line for Victoria Secret. Which didn't open till 6AM oh dear lord what were we thinking. We sat & people watched for the next two hours playing the "this or that" game. Would you wanna wear this or that, I think we missed the memo because just about 85% of girls had on booty cut shorts with wanna be UGG boots. It looked absolutely ridiculous, I mean really we are in Hawaii for heaven sakes.



5AM rolled around & I made my way to Macy's (leaving Sarah STILL in line @ VS) to get Gabe's Christmas gift. The Keurig Platinum addition with the works, & a box of K cups. He started looking at them the month before he deployed but I talked him out of it only because they were so expensive & I couldn't see paying that much for one when he wasn't going to be able to use it that long & then it would sit for a year. Well a couple months ago I was making sweet tea & broke his coffee pot & so this is his replacement. I waited in line for a hour just to pay for it and I was thinking to myself he better really like this darn thing. It was a great deal because it was HALF off the original price so I really couldn't pass it up. Be time I was done it was already 6:15 in the morning I made my way back to VS to meet up with Sarah & lucky for her she had already made her way in. Sadly enough for me the line STILL wrapped all the way down the mall & around the corner, so needless to say I waited outside.

We finally made our way back to my house at 8AM this morning, after a long eventful night / morning of shopping. I love Black Friday shopping, its a fantastic way to get in the Holiday spirit. Not to mention it's even better in Hawaii because you are not freezing your butt off standing in line outside the stores.
I can not believe we are already at the end of November & that we just had Thanksgiving. Time is really starting to pick up, it still seems like just yesterday he left when really its been months. I am so thankful for the many experiences that have come my way through out this deployment & the people I have met. I can't wait to see what else is to come.

No comments: