Friday, January 7, 2011

HALF WAY



This past week the 2nd brigade 25th ID had a Half Way celebration on post. We have finally reach the half way point in this deployment. So much has happen in the first half, I am really looking forward to the last half and seeing what it holds.
I normally don't attend any of the events such as these that are put on for the spouses & families of the deployed. Mainly because well they are always geared toward children and no don't get me wrong that's great and all but seeing's I don't have kids there is never much to do. And not to mention 90% of the time they are during the day, and well what do they think we all sit at home, Ummmm I have a job and have to work so it makes it a bit hard to attend.
My dear friend N was going and so I decided to go as well this time. The plan was to go right after work and meet her up there but I managed to get off a hour early and got there just in time.


Bounce house's for the keiki's, Popcorn and Cotton Candy to munch on and music to dance to. It was a fairly simple event not nearly as crowded as I though it would be which was quite nice I have to say.
At the end of the evening they had a candle lighting ceremony and one of the 2nd Brigade Chaplin's spoke as we celebrated reaching Half Way and wishing for a speedy return of our troops.

It was a touching moment for sure, I'm glad I was able to attend and have been there to show my love and support to my husband. I can not believe we have finally reached it, at times when I look back it's as if it went by fairly quick and then other days it went so slow. I hope the next part of the deployment is smooth sailing with few road bumps in the way.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

So glad you have passed the half way mark sweetie! I continue to pray for a quick return! Love you both to pieces!