Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou

No big extraordinary plans to ring in the New Year just a simple gathering with 3 friends at their house. We all baked a few dishes to share, mine was Queso & chips, a Tex~Mex dip and No Bake Hay Stack cookies. The 2nd of the three were new recipes that I had not tried before. I wanted to do something new and different as well as exciting. I mean we are celebrating the end of 2010 and the start of 2011 aren't we.

We loaded up our plates and chowed down, munching on all the different treats. Chatting away we were having a grand old time. The Martins love to play games so what better way to spend the evening. First is was Mad Gab which I'd never played before and let me tell you I SUCK. Well ok I managed to answer just a couple of them right but man that is really hard. Here are a few examples that I found on line.

I'm On Stairs Sink ==== Monsters Inc
Wide Own Shoe Seamy Hen Amour ==== Why Don't You See Me Anymore?
Trill My Coy ==== The Real McCoy

See its not so easy now is it. Although very comical we had some great laughs that literally brought tears to our eyes through out the night. Changing it up a bit we went on to play Taboo, now this one I had played before but it had been forever ago. You are trying to get your partner to guess a world and you have to describe to them what it is with out using a selected few worlds. Sounds easy but really makes you think and you better watch what you say because you might just get beeped out of the game.


I was lucky enough to chat with my love the entire night, it was as if he was there with us joining in and having a wonderful time. Just not helping win the game because he would have sucked just as much as I did. But if he was then that would have just been perfect. Never the less I'm happy with the time that we did have together even if it was over the Internet. Each second I have with him I will take and cherish forever in my heart. While the others stood on the back patio and watched the explosion of fire works going off we spent the evening together chatting away.


When it came time for the ball to drop we quickly turned the TV on and counted down the last few minutes of 2010 together. It was all ready the New Year in Iraq but I was quickly typing away counting down with Gabe so he was right with us the whole time. And right at Midnight we had our New Years Kiss, yea sure it may have been through webcam but you know what we were together and thats all that matters. I had a wonderful evening and couldn't think of a better way to spend it.
Here's to a wonderful NEW YEAR to you and your family!!!!!!!!

No comments: