Sunday, August 14, 2011

Free Flowing

Set out on another adventure we were on our way, on a lovely scenic drive to our final destination. Taking on the world around us each and every mile we passed. There are hidden gems every were you turn on the island, some are super easy to find & then others are like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. I am a very determined person & once I get my heart / mind set on something I will not give up. No matter what it is, weather it be something I want or some were I wanna go. I am NOT a quitter I push to the end and give my all 100% plus some.
When it came to our weekend weekly hike I had just the perfect one in mind. After lots of research I managed to find a local hidden secret that many keep hush hush. A 40-foot cascade waterfall spilling from the Ko'olau's Mountain. Just as spectacular as describe and even better in person then the pictures I'd see from others.




Only a short 30 minute hike along a rocky dirt road climbing ever so slightly but enough that your body will fill it for sure. Standing under the falls feeling the chilly water run off my face was the most refreshing feeling after a good work out. After relaxing a bit and taking a few pictures we headed back. We passed a few people along the way but what I liked most about this hike is the quietness of it. It was not overly crowded and nestled in the back of the mountains.




There is a swimming hole along the way & I can't wait to go back with the girls and take a dip. It looked so inviting and refreshing, we were headed for some shopping after so we opted not to take a dip. Over all a great day another one marked off the list and put down in the books. Looking forward to next weekends hike.....We are still deciding which one we are gonna take on.


No comments: