Monday, August 15, 2011

Hale'iwa Farmers Market

Sunday morning Gabe & I got up bright & early, my husband really loves me to get up @ 5am in the morning so I can go running. Now I'm sure you are wondering why in the world he had to get up so early if it was just me going running. Well see we were headed down to the North Shore so my sweet friend Vic and I could run together. She has a sweet lil one & since daddy is away right now for a month Gabe so kindly offered to watch her while we ran. How sweet of him on his last day to sleep in before returning to work from block leave. I tell you that man will do anything for me and I just love it.
Lucky for him when we set out on our 6 mile run Gigi was fast asleep snoozing like a champ. So my love was able to kick back on the couch with Izzy (their 4 legged baby) and play around on the Ipad. Gigi loves her Uncle so it would have been a wonderful surprise for her waking up to him. BUT, that didn't happen......leaving Vic's house right @ 6am we got back just shortly after 7:15 and the lil monkey was still fast asleep.
We cooked up a 5* breakfast thanks to the lovely hostess being the rock star that she is. With a assortment of fruit courtesy of yours truly & scrambled eggs for me along with eggs Benedict for Gabe & Vic. topped of with a side of brown sugar / pecan coated bacon and we were eating a feast. Mean while the little one was STILL asleep going on almost 8:30 now. Craziness she never sleeps that late but she got to bed later the night before so maybe that had something to do with it.
Just before 9am we went in and checked on the lil squirt she was asleep in the middle of her floor, at some point in the middle of the night she had gotten out of her big girl bed and never got back in. (thank goodness for her blankie she drug with her)

We spend the next half hour playing and chit chatting with the girls and just having a wonderful relaxing morning. It was so simple but I loved every minute of it because we were with the people we love to hang out with. Being able to watch Gabe with Gigi just melts my heart he is so great with kids and there is just something about him and her playing together that is so sweet.

CONVO~ Gabe: Gigi wanna go rob a bank?
Me: Gigi say no thank you.
Gigi: NO THANK YOU
Gabe: but we can sing songs
Gigi: my mommy says no (mom wasn't in the run at the time)

OMG yes he is going to be a great dad that is what everyone keeps telling me. lol He'll have our kid thinking that robbing a bank it the next greatest thing to do.



We then set out for the local farmers market were we continued our morning with the W family. Looking to get some fresh veggies and whatever else we could manage to snag as well. While in Maui we bought some really yummy coconut candy & we wanted to try our hand at making it. I have search every were and online coming up empty handed with a place that sells it on Oahu. So a coconut was a must find while at the market. Just in luck walking past one of the vendors I looked down and there was a cooler full of them. Only 3 bucks what a deal that's a heck of alot cheaper then at the local grocery store. Gabe told the gentleman what he was going to be doing with it and he helped him pick one out that would work just right.



We stumbled across some of the ripest tomato's & avocado's that were just beaming at me to purchase. I looked at Gabe and suggested we make guacamole one of our favorite afternoon snacks. He is not a man to turn down a suggestion on chips and dip. He was on it picking out the tomato's, peppers, onion, avocado and told me to grab a lime. We were set with everything we needed and best part we helped out lots of local farmers.



I'm not a big fan of pineapple, I will eat it in small amounts when its cooked in something else but not alone. However these little guys were so cute, I was tempted to get one but then again it wouldn't get eatin at our house. (well the hubbs would have but he wasn't interested) So I snagged a picture for memories :)



It was a successful trip to the market we had great company and taste tested some yummy local fixins. Looking forward to going back again next weekend to see what else we can stumble across. This is another favorite about living in Hawaii, the outside farmers markets run by the locals and there home grown produce. It just doesn't get any better than this!!!!!

No comments: