Friday, August 26, 2011

Skinny Picking

After a yummy mexican dinner at a famous local joint called Cholo's down in Haleiwa, my spouse had a crazy idea.
Looking at me she asked are you up for a adventure.....sure I told her what the heck, why not.
Then it was convincing the mistress to go along with it as well. We told her it would involve water and getting wet but that was about it. We made our way further down the North Shore & parked at Sunset beach. By this time its about 9:00pm and completely dark out side and not may cars on the road. (thankfully)
We finally caved & told Nancy what we were doing and she was all in. Skinny dipping in the ocean at night were it was completely dark. (OK were still had our bras & undies on) But only one problem, N wasn't wearing a bra. Now this is typical for her, depending on what she wears she doesn't wear one. I know crazy right, but that's a whole other story. (PS: I'm sure she loves me airing her laundry out there lol.)
We Found a area down near the water to leave our things & we slowly made our way in. Completely freaked & kinda nervous but it was so worth it. Lined side by side the three of us locked arms and walked out in to the ocean. With the waves crashing hard up against us and not being able to see what was under us made it all that much more exciting. We managed to brave it up twice & make our way in for a swim. Cracking up along the way we had so much, fun another item marked off the list.
(the only crappy part was we had no towels in my car, other than a very VERY small brown one that we all tried sharing.)

Driving back home Sarah lets us in on a little goal she had while living in Hawaii. One I had never though of but seemed very daring. She wanted to pick aka steal a Pineapple from the Pineapple field that just so happened to be to the right of us as we were driving back home. OH DEaR lord I though, you have got to be kidding me. All I kept thinking was my husband would about KiLL me. The whole way driving back to post she kept ON and ON about it, so finally once reaching the next red light I made a U~turn. Heading back down towards the ocean & then again another U~turn trying to find a safe spot to pull over on the side of the road so she could get out and get her freaking pineapple. When it comes to stuff like this I'm a chicken shit and so told her and N that I would sit in the car & be the get away driver. We waited till the road was clear from both ways & they went falling over the mound of dirt. (you know the one that is suppose to keep you out) Waiting & waiting for them I said screw it I can't be the only one that didn't go down there so I went. Myself falling over the mound of dirt trying to meet up with them. At this point S had already managed to find one P. and was searching for another. Cars were starting to come and of course I freaked and ran back to the car and jumped in the passenger side causing dirt to get all in my car.
They were left ducking for cover waiting for the cars to pass so they could come back up. All while doing so S was laying in a ant bed being eaten alive. (probably serves us right lol) Just for a stinking PINEAPPLE that ended up being half the size of one you can buy at the store. I have to say it was a first (& last) for me but it was so funny. I have come out of my shell quite a bit over the years but there is still apart of me that has not, & part of that was tonight.
While we driving back to post FINALLY I kept going over in my head how I was going to explain to Gabe why we were all muddy. (wet from the ocean still & muddy from the field) When we got to the house & went in I told him..... he just looked at us and said "your crazy." I expected alot more lol he is a "don't break the law" kinda guy. (picking a pineapple in Hawaii can result into a not so small fee)

All of that for this...............



...............but the memories we made that night were well worth it.

(needless to say there were no pictures taken from the beach adventure)

No comments: