Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rain Drops falling on My Window

When we set out this morning for out weekend hike the sky around post looked very blah. I was a tad nervous and semi bummed because I was really looking forward to this hike. My husband being the more mellow one had higher hopes than me that the area we were going to would be nice. I crossed my fingers and hoped he was right. The closer we got to were we were going the more it started to clear up and the sun started to shine through the clouds.
As soon as we parked the car and started walking to the trail head (passing about 5 "No Trespassing" signs) it started to sprinkle on us. Great just the way I wanted to spend the day, walking in the rain NOT. I looked at Gabe & asked him if he still was up for the hike and he said of course. Well them OK, off we were making our way down a large rock backwards holding on to a rope. (I didn't get pictures of this area bc I was worried about falling & was going to on the way back but we went a different way up)



Following the path deep into the valley along one of the muddiest trails I had ever been on. I was careful were I stepped at first trying to keep my shoes clean and not make a complete mess of myself but that quickly change. There were points along the trail that were so muddy and you couldn't help but step right in it. There was no way around, unless you wanted to go straight down the side of the mountain. Now not by choice but this did happen to me a few times, well not all the way down the side but I though that's were I was headed. I was doing really good for the longest time and then one miss step and I was doomed for the rest of the day. I must have lost my balance or simply just stepped in a slippery part but I slid right down falling on my booty. I was so scared because I had to quickly find something to grab ahold of so I didn't go any further. Gabe stopped and turned around standing there for a few seconds looking at me. I was like "hello why are you just standing there", he says "oh I though you had it" really "if I had it I wouldn't still be sitting here". He just laughed and held his hand out to help me up. From then on I was a muddy mess from head to toe REALLY.



It continued to rain the entire way to the waterfall were we were headed, it would rain hard and then slow down to a slight drizzle but still it rained enough to keep us cool and the mud wet and squishy. I fell two more times on the way to the falls and three times on the way back. They always say third times a charm, I really didn't at all do it on purpose. When we finally reached the falls I was in awh. It was so pretty and refreshing something about the rushing water coming off the mountain tops is so peaceful. Plus I took the opportunity to wash off and clean up a bit. We enjoyed the view for a while snapped a few photos all in the rain, then headed back to the car.






We had a great time along the way, my pour husband having to make sure I was careful and not fall off the side of the mountain. I don't think it would have been the same with out the rain, although it probably would have been a wee bit easier.

No comments: