Monday, August 22, 2011

More S'mores Please

After the lovely rain clouds continued to mess with our weekend plans, we were determined to make the most of the day. Beach plans with a few friends were set for this afternoon, down near Dillingham. With the clouds looming over us we had to quickly come up with a solution aka plan B. Vic, the host that she is suggested making S'mores on the beach.....ummmmm are you kidding me..... you don't have to ask me twice. I can't even remember the last time I had a S'more, I was totally all over this idea. I quickly sent out a text to everyone with the change of plans and everyone was in. A quick stop by the commissary on the way out for MARSHMALLOWS and we were good to go.
After we all arrived at Vics. place we chatted a bit, the hubbs realized he was the only guy there out of 5 of us girls and opted to head back to the house. It turned into a girls outing. Even the 4 kiddos that were there were lil girls. We walked the 1/2 mile down to the beach from V's house and set up the mini grill and started a fire. Trying to keep the kiddos busy and out of the goods......aka the MARSHMALLOWS was harder then I though.



But once the fire was up and going we were roasting away.




Making melt in your mouth S'MORES, I was in heaven. I miss making bond fires and roasting MARSHMALLOWS at our river house back home. It was always a wonderful way to spend the night after a day on the water. Sitting there on the beach slowly watching the sunset chatting away with some of my fav. chickas I was having a fantastic night.




It's times like this that I will miss when the time comes for us to PCS when ever that maybe. There are plans in the works for another s'more making evening. :) I can't wait just the though of them makes my mouth water. :)

Here are a few pictures from our ride back to post in N's new car. Her convertible blows my sunroof away. We had a great time jamming out to her hubby's work out music :) I was tucked in the back with Madi holding little Jack Jacks car seat but it really wasn't to bad at all, we got some good laughs. (even more going through Lyman gate since she doesn't have decals yet.)




I absolutely couldn't imagine my life with out the friends I've made here in Hawaii!! I'm so grateful for each and every single one of them.

No comments: