Monday, August 8, 2011

Hiking Hawaii

Off on another adventure reaching new heights mountains above sea level. Each hike we do just amazes me more and more. When I first moved out here I never would have thought that I would have enjoyed it so much but now that's our weekend tradition. Seeing the island from sea level is simply breath taking but seeing it from a couple hundred feet or even a thousand feet above sea level is just amazing. On our hike this weekend we took our pooches. They had a blast running along the trail smelling everything they could get their noses in. We've taken them on a few before but it's be awhile. I'm so happy we brought them along.
It was a perfect day out with our little family. Once we had almost reach the top Gabe didn't think the dogs could make the last little stretch so I went ahead while he waited. Thank goodness to because I'm not sure they would have been able to make it. A very narrow slippery path led the rest of the way to the top. Holding on to the ropes pulling myself up hoping I wouldn't step wrong and fall. Finally making it to the top I was rewarded with the most fabulous views ever seen. Some body pinch me was all I kept thinking "I made it, I did it and didn't fall or get warn out."
Moments like these are the ones I'll always remember years from now. Here are a few pictures I snapped on our adventure.

Dingo waiting for daddy to come back from reparking the car :)



This was the top of a tree swing that we came across along our way.



Stairs stairs Stairs & more stairs, from this point forward there were tons.



As soon as I got to the top I parked it for a moment to take in the view.









Making our way back down the mountain.



All in all it was another wonderful day in the Land of Aloha!!!!!!!

No comments: