Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Our First Full Day

Enjoying our first full day together. Thankfully the hubbs got in so early that we pretty much had an entire day just the two of us. After leaving the Hanger he wanted to stop off at the Company area and see some of his guys and say hello. After a quick visit we headed home and got settled. The pups where beyond thrilled to see their "daddy". 
 I had breakfast planned for us, knowing he was going to be getting in early enough to eat but since he'd eaten a bit at his last layover he wasn't really hungry. Myself on the other hand, hadn't eaten since 3am that morning. Almost 11am and I was starving. We called his mom and dad to tell them the good news of his return and they where behind thrilled. His mom asked him if I knew he was coming home when he did because I hadn't mentioned anything to them the weekend prior when we where together. He told her yes I did, and that he knew better then to surprise me with a Homecoming because he knows how I like to have everything planned out and just perfect. Yes Yes I do. I would have been devastated if he'd ever pulled something like that. 
We decided to venture out and grab some lunch at Noodles and Company, followed by a trip to Verizon to upgrade my phone. Lucky for him he was able to upgrade his as well. That then led to a stop at Best Buy since it was right there, followed by a trip to a couple gun stores and then the local hardware store. Not exactly how we had talked about spending our day but that's ok, he was / is home and we are together so that's really all that matters. After the last store even though it was only 2pm:ish I was exhausted and ready to get home. The lack of sleep from the night before, the early morning and running around for 2-3 hours had finally caught up with me. We headed home to relax for the evening. 
 Since I'd made dinner ahead of time the day before I simply just had to put it in the oven to cook. Talk about a easy peasy first night at home. We spent the rest of the evening lounging and cuddling on the couch watching a bit of TV before calling it a night at 7:20pm. Yup, you read that right we where in bed well before the sun went down. Over the past week between the both of us we hadn't got much sleep. From his traveling back to the States to my house cleaning and excitement, sleep was not something that came easy. 
We are both beyond thrilled and excited that he is home and I couldn't be more blessed that God has safely gotten us through another deployment. 
I can't wait to see where life takes us and what our future holds. 
As hard as deployments are there is one good thing that comes out of them, they most definitely bring us closer together. I love this man more than words can say and I'm truly grateful to have him as my husband. 

No comments: