Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

When I was younger I looked forward to long weekends at the river with the family. BBQing it up and enjoying some time on the water in the sun. Now as life has changed & I've grown up and been put in a completely different environment that being a Military Spouse. Memorial Day isn't just another BBQ get out of work free for the day holiday.
Memorial Day allows us to honor our service men and woman whom have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Now they may not have chosen to die but they knew going in to serve The United States of America that it might happen. We honor then every day in everything we do, but today is set aside to completely & 100% focus on them.

God Bless our military men and women! Thank you for sacrificing so much so that we can all be safe in our beds at night and for protecting our freedom.....we will never forget! ♥ As well as remember this Memorial Day when you're gettin' your grill on, smiling and laughing that in another house somewhere there is an empty chair where a hero should be sitting. They gave up their life so that you can sit with your family. So take a moment to think about those heroes who did not make it home and those who are still serving around the world. I have been so blessed to have my hero return home to me from his first deployment and as we near the end of our second I can't help but say an extra prayer every night in hopes that the time will go by fast and he will return safely back in to my loving arms. There is never a time were you sit back and think oh he will be ok its almost over, because you know what you just never know.



I thank God for opening my eyes to a new walk of life, that when I was younger I may not have paid much attention to. Thank you to my husband my hero for allowing me to be apart of your life and stand by you and support you. You choose to put your life in danger so we "I" can live in Freedom & not have to look behind me as I go in the the grocery store.
I am so proud to call myself an army wife (not just any army wife but HIS wife).. remember what today stands for and never forget our fallen the ones who fought till the end.

I took a moment out of my day today to go and pay my respects to a fellow Wolfhound & friend who was lost during our first deployment. With a lei laid around the 2nd Brigade Memorial honoring the ones lost over the last few years during OIF and flags place around it you can't help but be touched by the love that the soldiers back here on the home front have for their fallen brothers. SPC Rundell was loved by everyone and touch many people with he life. We will always remember him and everything his life stood for. "Once a Wolfhound always a Wolfhound"



No comments: