Monday, May 2, 2011

My First 5K


Today was a first for me, as well as my two running buddies. We were participating in the Honolulu 5K for kids downtown. To help promote health and fitness for Hawaii’s children as well as their families to create a more active and healthy lifestyle. It was a 3 mile race. I have been training and working up to this day for the last two months now. It definitely paid off well to, however I should have worked more on the getting up early part. The plan was to get up at 4am and get to Sarah's house by 5am. I did make it but I was so tired at first, I just wanted to lay in bed. Some how deep down I found some energy and got my butt in gear. Dressed ready to walk out the door just as my husband got on line. AWH, I love him so much and he couldn't have gotten on at a better time. I was able to talk to him the whole way down to the race up until we parked. He is my best supporter and its all because of him that I am able to do something like this. I love love it when he tells me how proud he is of me. It just gives me butterflies and makes me push that much harder.


Here we are right before the start of the racing hanging out and getting all hyped up. We were so excited, but so nervous at the same time. There was so many people there and allot of them looked really really fit and totally knew what they were doing. Not that we didn't know what we were doing but we were definitely beginners at this whole race thing. Seeing all the young kids out there gave me that much more strength to push on and give it my all.



Here are a couple of shots from during the race, we managed to snag. I carried my camera with me, no way we could do this and not document it. Right before the two mile marker we grabbed some water from the aid station set up and were quickly back on our way. As you can see Nancy & I looking back at Sarah as we make our way down the marked street. The three of us below was right before the finish line. We could see it up above in front of us and decided to sprint to the end. The three of us finished together at the same time crossing the finish line right at 43.57 minutes. We started off jogging and then walked a bit and then back to jogging. We continued this pace through out the whole race and finished strong.


We DID IT!!!!! We crossed the finish line like I said just at 43.57 minutes. We were each given a finishers metal as we crossed the finish line. I think I'll frame a picture of the three of us & add in there my bib number & metal with it. I'm so proud of myself for doing this and I want to remember this day forever.

I DID IT, JUST FOR YOU BABE!!!!! COMPLETED MY FIRST RACE OF MANY TO COME, I KNOW YOUR PROUD. HAPPY 28TH BIRTHDAY SWEET CHEEKS!!!!!!!!!

Now we are off to celebrate our VICTORY with breakfast at the Original Pancake House down in Honolulu. I can't wait for our next race just a couple weeks away. Its twice as long so I better buckle down on my evening run at the track with the pups!!!!

No comments: