Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Running!!!!

I have been working hard on my runs after work and on the weekends. I actually look forward to getting off work and coming home to run. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would say this but I do. I've been going longer distances & reducing my minutes per mile. This past weekend I decided to try something new and ventured off the track. I mapped out a course around post and ran that both Sunday & Monday. I had the dogs with me both times, Sunday was a bit of a challenge at first as they were checking everything out along the way but they quickly got in the grove of we are not stopping every 5 feet so you can smell the tree. About half way through the run on Sun. we got rained on or let me rephrase that we got poured on. It wasn't to bad though made for a cool morning run. Monday I got all the way down by the ACC on post and a stray dog started following me. Boy I bet that looked silly, I tried running fast up around the corner hoping it would turn around and go back. Thankfully it did, and I never saw it again. I kind of felt bad for him for a brief moment but that didn't last long. I have my hands full with the two I have. I think I am really starting to like run around post more than the track. We will see its only day 3 today so I'm going to give it a week and see if I still feel the same.
I have decided that I am going to participate in the Marathon at the end of the year here in Hawaii. I have more than enough time to get ready for it and I will be a big accomplishment for me. Last year a few friends that I know did it and they just raved about how good they felt and what a relief it was to pass the finish like. Heck a 92 year old lady did it and finished, I can sure do it myself. Gabe has been very supportive about my running and even more encouraging and always asking how I did that day. He his self isn't a long distance runner so It's not something he would do but I know he will be there to cheer me on as I cross the finish line.
I have a lot of work to train up and get to were I need to be before December but I'm ready to take on the challenge. Sarah & I have our 2nd race coming up this next weekend and I'm super stoked about it. We have talked about doing a Triathlon as well, I have to say I'm sure that might be a bit more challenging but you have determined that I can do any thing I put my mind to.

I think I have found a new hobby that i enjoy and will help me get my body into better shape and maintain that as well.

This is a little something I put together from our First run together!!!

No comments: