Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Semi Week Review

This week has been a bit crazy, overwhelming and exhausting. I no longer have a 2nd staff in the afternoons at work. The teacher I was working with is now on bed rest until after she has her baby. She's due October 5th and was hoping to work up until her due date but her doctor had other plans. Although I completely understand because she has to do what is best for her and the baby. Still it makes me sad because I enjoyed working with her. Monday and Tuesday were just so stressful that be time I got home made dinner and cleaned up I'd passed out on the couch a couple hours later. I neglected to take any pictures either day. But really it didn't matter because my day was filled with work and not much more.

Wednesday the hubby didn't get home till super late. I was just going to take the pups on a short run which ended up being twice as long as I'd planned. A extra bonus was the pups got to play with a fellow four legged friend and Bailey did great!!! I ran up to a friends house, who's husband works with mine. While we chatted it up outside for about a hour all three pups played well together out front. I was so relieved to see how well Bailey did, even more so because the other dog was a puppy. The hubbs thinks its just dogs bigger than her that she doesn't like. Either way we are making some progress. 
~DAY 321~
Thursday was a bit better at work, although the afternoon creeped by slower than ever I managed to make it through with out pulling my hair out. Partly because I had a lovely bottle of yummy wine waiting for me when I got home. I wasted no time at all popping it open either. On top of that one of our parents gave us a sweet little gift, congratulating us on making it through week two.  


While I was at home sipping on my glass of Moscato the hubby was doing Army stuff. His Company had Flag duty today. This is the 2nd maybe 3rd time they've had it since we've been here. He always seems to be the one who fires the canon. Gosh I love my man in Uniform!!!!
~DAY 322~
Friday was just another day, work, home for a quick walk with the pups then off for the night to babysit. It worked out perfect because the hubby had CQ (yes again) and I got to spend my evening with one of my favorite kiddos from my last class. 

Saturday after the hubbs woke up from his beauty sleep / CQ recovery we headed out to do a bit of window shopping / test driving. If you've been following for a while you know that we've gone through our fair share of cars. We aren't in the market to buy right now but that doesn't mean the hubby doesn't like looking. I have to admit the Toyota Tundra's are pretty nice trucks and I think it would fit right in for us. After a little back and forth talking we headed out to dinner. Across town we ended up at our newly found favorite Mexican joint. Its so good, I could almost eat here every night. I absolutely love what I got the first time so I went with that again. Of course we had to try out the Churros since we went with Fried Ice Cream last time. I think between the Chips / Salsa our main mean and dessert we ate our weight in Mexican food. It was so worth every single bite though and I can't wait to go back again. 
~DAY 324~

6 comments:

Janna Renee said...

Haha you guys and your cars! PS. I think I just gained 5 lbs. reading what you ate...Happy second (now third) week at school!

Colby said...

Sounds like you had a verrrry busy week! Glad you made it thru! From your workout picture it looks like your hardwork is paying off!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

Brittany said...

Mmmmmm I love Mexican food! Worth every calorie. So cool that your hubby fires the cannon...and that you got a yummy bottle of wine! What a great week!

ROXY said...

The Tundra is a good looking truck... I hope the best in your job. Hopefully you'll get some extra help soon and boo for CQ.

Anonymous said...

I think this is just a busy time for everyone. We'll all adjust - sounds like you've had a lot going on!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Mexican food is my weakness too! Glad the school year is off to a good start, even if it is a little crazy!