Wednesday, September 19, 2012

NIC ~ Night Infiltration Course

Here's a few pictures from NIC that I took of our company. I got there right after out FRG meeting and was able to chat with the hubbs for a bit while we waited on the Privates to arrive. 
Once they did and filed in to formation I managed to get a picture of the beautiful sunset. I swear The South has some of the most prettiest sunsets ever. Of course Hawaii did to, its just nice to see it here. 
Below are two female soldiers praying together before they started the exercise, training. 
While I was waiting for them to get things started I over heard the privates talking about how nervous they were. Making comments about how if they stood up they might get hit with a live round. I felt awful for them kinda. Some of them were scared shitless and you could tell. I mean I would to if I was crawling though a open range with live rounds shooting off above my head. 
This was one of my favorite pictures from the night.
A couple times turning the exercise the range cadre turns the spot likes on. This means the PVTs have to stop moving and wait for the lights to go back off. They can't keep going, or even stand up. I'm not really sure the reason behind why they turn the lights. At some point through the 30 minutes that they have to crawl down the range flares are shot off. Lighting up the sky and probably scaring the crap out of the SIT at first. 
I was able to stand out side on the stairs to one of the towers and watch the action being taken place. Its really cool to watch through the night vision goggles. They all look like little ants crawling around. The hubbs crawled with them to help motivate yell at them along the way. 


I don't think I would ever want to do it, just because you can tell when they are through they are completely warn out. Not to mentioned covered in dirt from head to toe. 

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the praying picture!! I miss West Texas sunsets...Houston's are weak :/

Anonymous said...

You got some really cool pictures, though! I can't even imagine what it must be like, what they all go through.

And yes, Southern Sunsets are beautiful. :)

Janna Renee said...

When I see these pics, I wanna go play too!! Haha.

Colby said...

I am glad you share all of this stuff. I feel like i didnt get much info from my husband when he went through it and its nice to see some of the things he had to overcome. Thanks for sharing!