Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas 2013 (our card & letter)

This past year seems to have gone by in such a flash. The time seem’s to just be flying by which we certainly aren’t complaining about as we have big changes coming in 2014. 
With Gabe’s busy never ending work schedule we spent a lot of time doing things here around Columbia this year. If I wasn’t working I was running and if he wasn’t working he was at the range shooting. I participated in serval race’s through out the spring preparing for my first half marathon which I finished in March. Gabe participated in serval shooting competition’s which he continues to enjoy. Winter seemed to be a bit brutally cold but of course anything after Hawaii is going to be cold. The pups are doing well, we’re always trying to find different things to take them to do in the area.  We are lucky enough to have a dog park less than half a mile from our house so we spend a lot of time with them there. I made a trip back to Texas early April to see my brother and visit with family for a week. We spent a few days at the river and Easter at my Mamaw’s house. April and May Gabe was away for ALC at Ft. Benning which left me home alone during both of our birthday’s. I continued to fill my free time with running to prepare for my first Full Marathon. Gabe picked up his 5th Cycle in May summer months are always even busier for basic training. We were able to participate in a cooking class that was held downtown thanks to our Battalion. It was true southern style cooking. Mid June I made my way up to WV to spend a long weekend with the Spouse and Mistress (Sarah & Nancy) at The Adventures on the Gorge. We definitely had a adventurous weekend making lots of memories. July 4th we spend with some close friends on post, and of course I baked my little heart out with red, white and blue goodies. I had the chance to go to the Miss. South Carolina Competition with a dear friend another first for me. We went to a few local festivals and markets during our free time and tried out a few new to us restaurants. The end of July I made my way back to Texas to say my final goodbyes to my Papa James. Gabe having to stay behind due to work, he accepted a award on my behalf from our Battalion which I was truly honored to receive, while I was away. My mom was nice enough to make the long drive back to the South with me and spend a few days here with us. It was fun getting to show her around were we live. We made a couple day trips to Charlotte and Charleston they always seem to be our go to places to get away for a bit. After two years of living in the South I finally went to the SC state fair which I have to say has nothing on the Texas state fair. In November we celebrated our 6 year Wedding Anniversary in Savannah, GA were I ran my very first Full Marathon. Less than a week later I made another unplanned trip back to Texas to say goodbye to an amazing woman, My Mamaw. Gabe and I spend a few days in Texas together before he headed back to the South for work. It was such a bittersweet trip home, good to see all my family but wishing it was under different circumstances. Thanksgiving was very low key for us this year. A simple yet extravagant meal prepared by yours truly. There was of course a little black Friday shopping in there as well with my dear friend Becky. We plan to enjoy the Christmas Holiday’s with some friends here on post and Christmas at home together before making our way to the Big Apple for a week, to watch the Ball Drop in Time Square. It’s most certainly been a year to remember for so many different reason’s. And one I’m happy to see go. We are looking forward to making more memories and all the adventures ahead of us in 2014. 
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to You and Your’s from Gabe,Tiffany and the Pups. 

I was having issues scanning our card to the computer to upload it to blogger so please excuse the poor quality, at least I got the post done before we leave for our trip. :) 
More on that to come after the New Year!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Best wishes for 2014!

Jamie said...

Merry Christmas!

Janna Renee said...

Awww! Your card is super cute!!