Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Anyone….

Well a little late is better than never right……a little Thanksgiving recap…..plus some……..

The hubbs had to work Thanksgiving morning and came home around 9am just as the parade was starting on TV. We were able to spend a few hours together before he had to head back up to the company area to march the SIT to the chow hall for their thanksgiving meal. When he left I got to cooking and preparing our dinner. It was just going to be the two of us but I still had to go all out. I just can't help myself, I love to cook and its not thanksgiving with out all the fixings. Once I got everything set up and ready I headed out to meet up with my girl Becky. We made our way up to the company area. We were able to walk / march over with all the PVT's to the chow hall and enjoy the afternoon with them and all the Drill SGT's. I love being able to see my husband in work mode, there's just something about it that makes me smile.

After we finished up at the Chow hall we headed back home and I worked more on getting our Thanksgiving dinner ready. I was trying so hard not to eat while I was cooking but its so hard when it looks so good. Finally the hubbs was home and we were able to enjoy our long awaited dinner together. Get in my Belly!!!!!
Just a little bit over everything, enjoying it with this handsome fella. 

Homemade Pumpkin Bread 
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Homemade Pecan Pie 


I love to bake there's no doubt about that so there's been a never end cookie jar on my kitchen counter and I love it!!! I'm sure my hubbs and co-workers do as well since they benefit from it also. This is just one batch of the many I've made over the last few weeks. Spritz are so yummy and festive. 
Homemade Pumpkin Bread has become a staple in our house this holiday season and EVERYone has benefited from it. Not to mention these cute little dishes from Micheal's are perfect for gift giving!!! 

1 comment:

Janna Renee said...

We wanted to go on post for Thanksgiving, but the DFACS were closed! I'll take some of that pecan pie :)