Sunday, December 14, 2014

Epic Fail :(

Last weekend I went with Sarah to the Pottery Room to do a little painting. I wasn't sure what I wanted to paint and quickly remembered, I was in need of a gift for the In-Loves. This seemed perfect since lets face it we really don't need any more platters ourselves. We are having Christmas lunch / dinner at their house so we'd be able to use it then. I went back Yesterday to pick it up (turn around time is abt a week) on my way to a friends house. I was so excited about it and couldn't wait to show it off. It wasn't until I was literally walking out of the store that I realized I totally messed up. 
I spelled MY OWN LAST NAME WRONG!!!!!
How in the world did this happen, I stenciled the letters out ahead of time. Looked over it several times to make sure spacing and spelling was perfect. Clearly I didn't look good enough. I probably write make last name at least once if not more a day. We've been together 8 years, I have it tattooed on my ankle, I have it Monogrammed around my house. How in the world. Maybe it was my nerve's that got to me. Being in a new place, a new friend, not wanting to make a fool of myself. I don't know. 
I laugh about it now, but am still so annoyed with myself. 
I still plan on giving it to them as a gift and seeing how long it takes them to notice it. I sent a picture to the hubbs last night and he didn't notice it till I asked him if he saw anything wrong. 
Heck I'm sure it will make for a great conversation piece for the years to come. 
Daughter-in-Law of the year award right here people. 

"Christmas 2014"

4 comments:

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

That is soooo something that I would do! It still turned out cute though! And it will be a great conversation piece for your in-laws!

Stephanie said...

I would probably do this too. At least you can laugh about it!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha. Oops! I'd probably do something like this too.

Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH. This is why we're friends. My best friend and I painted a platter for my brother's wedding gift and it was going fine (as fine as possibly for two stressed out, hungry people) until I dragged my sleeve across the entire thing. We may have cried.