Saturday, December 6, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014 (our card & letter)


A Year of many changes good and not so. We rang in the New Year in the middle of Time Square watching the ball drop. Bucket list: check. Followed by an unexpected snow storm, causing us to drive back to South Carolina. Mid January the girls and I met up in Miami for our 2nd annual Country Music Cruise. Early February we took a trip to Tennessee to do a little house hunting and enjoyed catching up with some of our Hawaii Army family. Gabe Graduated his final group of PTV’s going through BCT, his time on the Trail was quickly coming to a close. April was a big month for several reasons Gabe received his EIB (Expert Infantry Badge). We bought and closed on our very first home in Clarksville, TN. We celebrated my 27th birthday with some great friends. Gabe and the pup’s bid far-well to Ft. Jackson and Aloha to Ft. Campbell. While I stayed back to finish out the school year at EDS. The first weekend of May I drove up to TN to celebrate Gabe’s 31st birthday. Our house hold good’s were also being delivered the same day so we were able to get our new home unpacked and set up. Later that month I had a unfortunate accident and wrecked my car, just a week before I was suppose to move to TN. We can’t say Thank You enough to the Meyer’s family for everything they did to help. Finally making my way to TN, I started working shortly after I arrived. I excepted a position at a local Preschool in there Pre-K program. It’s been an adjustment but I’m enjoying it. Gabe spent his first couple of months at Ft. Campbell as a Platoon SGT before he was moved to his current position as a Squad Leader which he seems to be enjoying. The summer months came and went far to quickly. Gabe was away for the month of August at JRTC training at Ft. Polk. While I took a course at the local College in preparation to start school in the spring. We were lucky enough to have The Gabriel’s come out for a visit early September. We took full advantage of having guest’s and played tourist the whole week. We also took a few fall road trips that included South Carolina, West Virginia, and a Anniversary get away to Chattanooga. November by far was the hardest month as we embarked on our 3rd deployment. We said our “See You Soon’s” as Gabe headed off to Afghanistan just day’s before our 7 Year Wedding Anniversary. I’ve managed to stay busy since he’s left to help pass the time. He has settled in as best he can and has been quite busy since then. If you think about it please keep him and his Unit in your thoughts and prayers for a safe and quick return. I spent Thanksgiving with some of our fabulous Army Family, The Brooks. Followed by some traditional Black Friday Shopping with a Friend. I’m excited to said I’ll be spending Christmas in Arizona, thanks to the Gabriel’s. It’s been quite some time since I’ve been back so it will be great to catch up with family and friends. 
With that being said we do have a spare bedroom and I’m open for visitors starting now, through next fall. Or any time for that matter, your always welcome!! :) We hope that 2014 has been a great for you and your family. 
We can’t wait to see what the New Year has in store for us. 
Happy Holiday’s 



( Now that our big not so great news is out, I'll be blogging more about our journey through deployment number 3. )

This is the 8th Year we've ordered our Christmas Cards from ShutterFly and we will continue to do so in the future. I absolutely love the options, amazing deals and sales they offer. Not to mention the quick turn around time on shipping. Be sure and check them out for all of your photo gift giving needs. 


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wait! I missed him going on a deployment. Hang in there friend. Thinking of you as the hubs is gone.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

How long is his deployment? Where is he stationed? If you ever need to commiserate- email anytime! We are so thankful to be on the tail end but I know how long the day inbetween are.