Thursday, June 24, 2010

Deployment Ceremony

With a million things going on today both at home & work to through in the mix was the ever so dreadful Deployment Ceremony for 2nd Brigade. It wasn't dreadful at all, just gave me chills and reminded me of what the men and women do for our country. They, my husband included lay their life out on the line so we the families & others can sleep peacefully at home. I don't know so much about the peaceful part. Having my husband at war in harms way it the worst feeling ever. No one in the world can say they know what we as Military Wives go through unless they truly have been in our shoes before. It is a honor to be married to such an amazing man who is willing to put his country first. He is truly not only the love of my life, my best friend but my hero in so many more ways than one.


I was so blessed to have my bestie Crystal & her fam. there to show their support as well. They have truly been a God sent in our life & we are blessed with a life long friendship that will only grow from here and I'm so excited to see what the future holds for our families together.


From the Opening Music played by the band, The Formation of the Troop, Presentation of the Colors, Honors to the Nation, Retiring of the Colors I have to say it was a very touching Ceremony.
The Host of the event was Colonel Malcolm B. Frost whom I have had the chance to prior meet both him and his wife Mrs. Col. Frost. They are a very sweet down to earth couple. He is the Commander of 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division.


~My love standing in Formation~

~All of 2nd Brigade~

~PRAYER~

~Retiring of the Colors~

~The weather was perfect, not a cloud in sight~

~<3 My Solider & I <3~

2 comments:

Nene said...

Tiffany, I totally agree, one must realize the sacrifices the families of the soldiers and the soldiers themsleves make for our freedom, so that we can sleep at night, I agree, only the army wives know the feeling as you have to experience it and we don't walk in your shoes. Know that my prayers are with Gabe, every Sun. we always have a prayer at Church to protect our troops. Love, Nene

Nene said...

I agree with you. You must be a soldiers wife to really appreciate the sacrifice your husband is making for our freedom so that we can sleep at night, knowing we are safe. I pray for Gabes safe return.
Love, Nene

(Am writing again as don't know if my first comment got there, not sure I did it right...