Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kamananui Valley Road

We were up and ready to go by 7AM, out the door by 7:45AM and headed to start our adventure for the day. It was still early so I just figured the clouds would pass be time we started out hike up the mountain. Walking down the 3.5 mile rocky road with the clouds above us didn't bother me at all. It was quite peaceful and the drizzle from from the rain help keep us cool.



Every so often Mr. Sun would appear above us and I was so excited. I hoped and crossed my fingers that it would be a gorgeous day and the view would be spectacular once we reached the top. More sprinkles came and left, the sun came and left again and again. But keep hope up we hiked on and on.



Crossing over 20 streams and old bridges that had water running over most of them, causing me to get muddy and wet and icky. I was loving every minute of it though and only complained when I would get mud on me. :(



Once we finally reached what we though was the start of the 2ND part of the trail, it started pouring rain. Still determined to reach the top we trucked along. However we really didn't get very far at all. Come to find out it was the wrong way and even if it was the right path (which we didn't know) we would not of been able to see anything from the top because of the crappy weather.



After taking a break, laughing at what was going on and snapping a few photo's for old time sake as well as a few kisses in the rain we decided that it was best to head back and call it a hike. We didn't wanna waste the time of trying to get to the top and it not be worth it. We will save this one and hike it on R&R and we will make it to the top. (after more googling once we got home, we found were we went wrong along the way.)




We still had a wonderful time, I am not one to like getting muddy and wet from the rain but it was so much fun. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It is a day I'll remember that's for sure.
I can't wait to make it to the top, I know it will be worth the 11 mile hike.

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

You're SOOO cute in the rain chickadee :)