Saturday, June 19, 2010

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to have one last get together with a few of our closest friends before Gabe heads off to Iraq. I enjoy having people over to our house, cooking & entertaining & having a good old time. However this time was different, I wanted to be able to enjoy the evening. Relax and have someone wait on me & my husband vs. waiting on someone else and having to do the dishes after wards.

So that's when I decided to put together a small little get together and keep it a teeny tiny secret. A message sent out through Facebook inviting a few friends. A cake ordered that would put a sparkle in his eye & the restaurant decided. Bucca di beppo it's, one of our favorites. It worked out perfect as well because everyone that came had never been there before so it was something new for them.



We had a FANTASTIC evening, He knew something was up but just wasn't sure WHAT. I had some convincing to do to get him to go to Bucca's. He was all about going out to dinner but we normally talk about the restaurant together so me saying this is were I wanted to go was a bit different. And seeing's he drives every were we go & we normally take the car downtown (due to parking, since the truck is so big) convincing him to drive the truck was another issue in its self.



All in all after all the convincing the evening went off with out a hitch, well minus the stupid manager at the restaurant that almost spoiled the whole evening. We are so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends here that we call family. I have build a great support system and know that I will make it through this next 12 months just fine. It's not going to be easy by any means but I plan to put my best foot forward and make the most of our time apart in keeping busy.





~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Ahhh - it looks like you guys had a great time! Wish we could have been there!

Love you!