Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Mutt Back in Texas



I was about 13 or 14 years old and I finally got my very own first puppy. I named her Chloe. She was a full mess when i got her, covered in flees and ticks and who knows what else. The poor thing had to sleep in the bath tub for a week. I took her every were with me and we did everything together, Once I started working she would lay by the front door and wait till I came home that evening. At times she drove me crazy & I wanted her out of my sight. She has a snore that is like no other & can drive you up the wall. She was is such a rotten lil. mutt. Shi tzu's are suppose to have long straight hair and be all prim and proper....but no not chloe she loves to play in the mud and roll around and get dirty. So I would always have to have her cut. The crazy dog caused me many heart aches from having to have some teeth removed to her tail being infected and having to be taken off, it was always on thing after another. She has never been in a kennel for more than a day and we have never been apart for longer than 2 or 3 weeks. So when the time came to decide weather or not to bring her to Hawaii with us, we decided not to. It would be best for both. She has never been on a plane and having to go into quarantine for 60 days once she got to the Island, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not to mention the cost to bring her over. So the night before I left My Bestest Friend's Angela & Pat were over and just fell in Love with Chloe and when they went to leave she jumped right up in the car with them. They offered to watch after her and take care of her until we return to the mainland and that they are doing. About 2 1/2 -3 weeks ago they went and picked her up from my grandma's house (were she had been staying) and took her home. And OMG are the spoiling her like crazy, the same day she got a new bed, collar, leash & toys all pink and with rhinestones at that. She is in doggie heaven @ The DeDona's house. Yesterday Angela took her to the Vet to get her medical update and all is well. Today she had a day at the Spa....Yes, the doggie Spa. Cut and washed and pink bows in her hair she is as cute as can be and she even has Pink iced Tiara treats to snack on. When I got the pictures today from Angela & Pat I just remembered how much that Lil. mutt drove me crazy and how much i miss her. She truly was my first lil. baby I can't wait to go back to Texas and be able to see her again.

No comments: