Friday, March 4, 2011

HAPPY TRAILS

Thursday afternoon after a wonderful Mexican lunch in Haleiwa we made our way down the North Shore to Happy Trails. We had plans to go horse back riding. I was excited, neither of us had been riding in YEARS. I was looking forward to our lovely date with the giant 4 legged creations. We got there a bit early after a nice drive around North Shore & took a look around. I had to go to the restroom & opted to wait till we got to the ranch rather than ask Gabe to stop. Once we arrived & I noticed the only option was the delightful portable one I was not having it. So I kindly asked my sweet husband if we could go back down the hill to the local stores. He wasn't to please at first & asked why I didn't mention something sooner. Well heck how was I suppose to know that the "Ranch" wasn't going to have a normal bathroom. I mean come on I might be from Texas but I AIN'T from the country. Back down to the local store and I'll have you know there was NO public bathroom UGH. You know what this means, I didn't want to have to tell Gabe this after he so willingly drove me back down. But what was I gonna do.



Shortly after we were briefed on how to control the horse & we were on our way. Trigger was the name of Gabe's horse & mine was Prima like Prima Donna. I was in front of Gabe and he was behind me along with the rest of the group. I was so nervous at first, & clearly it must of shown on my face. I know the horses are calm and trained well but I couldn't help but think at any given time it could just take off running and I'd fall off and break a bone or even worse fall down the cliff. They must have been really hungry because through out the whole ride they were always stopping for a snack here and there. Trigger even took a bit out of my horses butt. They tell you to stay at least 5 feet back from the one in front of you, and I guess Gabe wasn't paying attention at one point and got alittle to close.


TRIGGER STOPPING FOR A BITE TO EAT


LOOKING OVER THE BEAUTIFUL WAIMEA VALLEY



The tour took us through the 350 acre ranch overlooking the beautiful Waimea Valley enjoying the lush panoramic ocean and mountain views. It was a very scenic ride & well maintained trail. The staff at Happy Trails was so kind and willing make the ride and experience as smooth as possible. They pointed out different plants and trees through out the ride we even saw a mom & baby pig while riding. I would definitely recommend them to any one.


A BIT OF A ACTION SHOT

JUST ENJOYING THE RIDE

SOME OF THE OTHER HORSES ON THE RANCH

US AFTER OUR WONDERFUL DATE!!!

No comments: