Thursday, March 31, 2011

APPROVED

I was a bit worried putting in my request for two days off in April. Seeing's I took off three weeks when Gabe was home for R&R & here I am asking for more time off again. The more I though about it I should have put my request in when I did my R&R one but I didn't think about it. I went back and forth on if I should wait to turn in my leave form now or wait till the beginning of next week. I refuse to work on my birthday and this year is no different even more so with Gabe being gone. I need that day to pamper and spoil myself. And why the heck would I take off a Thursday and go to work on a Friday???? Nope it ain't happening, not this girl. So finally I broke down and I filled out my form and turned it in last Friday. What the least they could do would be say no and then I would have to beg and plead with them. I mean not like I was asking for the whole week off, its only two days. I almost rarely ask off to begin with and I never call in sick. So I do have that in my favor not to mention I'm a good reliable employee.
I have checked my box (which is were they turn in leave forms to us, & other paper work) faithfully every day. Maybe two and three times a day just to see if my leave slip was in there. Each time sadly nope it was not, I wasn't worried just antsy because I want to know for sure and be able to do a little happy dance.
FINALLY, as I was clocking out to go on my lunch this afternoon I checked my box as I always do and THERE IT WAS. My paper signed sealed and delivered with a stamp of approval on it. I was so happy walking out of the center I was probably grinning from ear to ear. I can't wait till I talk to Gabe so I can tell him. He was so sweet when I told him I was asking for my bday off. His reply was "well I hope you get it even though you know you wont be able to sleep in." Thanks to our lovely pups who have to wake up at 6am every morning.
I'm looking forward to celebrating with my favorite girls here on island. We have dinner plans at a pretty swanky place and then only time will tell what we are going to do after that!!!!!! Not to mention my gift from Gabe, yes I know what it is because we have been talking about it and planning it for a while now. :)


No comments: