Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Life Happens!!!!

We are in full swing effect for Christmas at school. We've done something different on our outside bulletin board. We split it in two and made one side a count down and the other a side to show case the kiddo's art. I have to say the idea in my head sounded great, trying to explain it to my co-worker and bring the idea to life was a little nerv-wracking. But we pulled it off and it looks great.
IMG_20121128_171712
The hubbs and I celebrated 6 years of being together on the 29th of November. I can't believe its been 6 years since we've been together. 6 years ago he made that random phone call that has changed both of our lives forever. Its been the best 6 years!!! Sometimes it seems like its been a few months and then there's times it seems like its been about 20 years.
IMG_20121128_173759
This past Saturday the hubbs had to work and I spent the day with this perky little red head. We went to the park and played for a while, it was such a beautiful day out!!! Sometimes......just sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have my own. with.a.90.trial.error.return.policy.though.
PhotoGrid_1354735348402
Its the Holiday's the season of giving, and I've got to give back to my belly lol. I'm not a huge rice krispie treat fan (I'll eat them, just not a all time fav.) but these were to die for. Peanut butter and M & M's added in to the mix, melt in your mouth delicious!!!!!
PhotoGrid_1354412688160
This is the first year we've ever gotten a real Christmas tree. Sunday we went to a local (ok 45 minutes away oops.) tree farm, picked it out and cut it down (well the workers cut it down) and brought it home!!! I love it and it smells so fresh and christmasy!!!! I also picked up a poinsettia when I was at the commissary Saturday. They brighten every ones day!
IMG_20121202_202841
Monday we added some lights, sadly I couldn't decorate because I didn't have any ornament hooks. Tuesday though we got right to it, or I did. Hubby watched and gave his two sense. He does do the honors of putting the star on the top when I'm done. We kept it simple this year with only putting our personalized ornaments and a few other special ones on the tree. We didn't want to take away from the beautiful tree its self. I'm so happy with the way it turned out.
IMG_20121204_214015
Our little home is decked out from top to bottom, it's definitely Christmas time here. Although with the weather we've been having you'd never know it was winter. However I'm not complaining, I'll take 70+ degrees any day over anything 50 or below!!!! It's shaping up to be a wonderful Holiday Season!!!!

My little family, gosh they have it so hard. It's a ruff life they live being a true American Hero and two lovable cute cuddly puppies.
IMG_20121204_220311
I'll be back with more to share and update you on soon enough!!!!
I still have my Thanksgiving trip to recap!!!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Those rice Krispy treats look delish!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Have you ever shared your 'how we met story'? I would love to know about that random phone call ;)

11216 said...

I love the board idea. It came out super cute.
The last time I made rice krispies treats there was marshmallows everywhere. Seriously, I don't know how people do it.

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

Yeah for real xmas trees!! :)
-wHiT

Janna Renee said...

Haha I would say okay to having kids if there was a 90 day money back guarantee!

Colby said...

I love the smell of real trees! And you can go ahead and ship me some of those rice kripies!! :) YUM my fave too!!