Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter in Texas

Holidays are always big in our family and Easter was no different this year. Day-4 Although everyone wasn't able to come due to other obligations we had a great time with yummy food and lots of laughs. Between Myself, Mamaw, Aunt Vonda and My Mom we all made a few dishes for everyone to enjoy. We had quite the spread with plenty of left overs. That morning I took my cousin Little Robert (we call him lil Robert bc he is a JR and his dad is Big Robert) to the park to play for a little while. It was a perfect sunny day and I needed to get out to the house for a bit before starting on lunch.
After the park Little Robert and I headed back to Mamaw's house to get started on Lunch. He was going to help me :) such a sweetie. I managed to finish up everything just before everyone got there. 
My Uncle Richard & I 
My not so innocent little cousin Shae and I. Love this girl with all my heart and hate that I live so far from here. :( 
Some of our lunch spread and my momma on the phone of course lol. She was talkin to her daddy!! 
It's so crazy to me that Ant (Anthony- we just call him Ant) is 18 years old now and Shae will be 14 years old in June. I remember when he was just 3 years old when he my aunt and uncle got together and I can remember when Shae was born. Gosh I hate saying that though because I hate when people come to me and say......"I remember when you were......" Still none the less they are getting so big and I love them so much!!!!! 
COUSIN'S!!! 
 After lunch some of us took a road trip out to Mansfield to look at my Uncle's truck again. (It was broken into a few days before & he's waiting to have it towed back to his house) First there was a stop at Sonic for drinks. First time I've been in a long LONG time. Since I don't drink soda I really don't have a reason to go. But this trip home, I've discovered a new tea that I like. All 5 of us managed to squeeze in my little bitty rental car. Talk about a sight to see. It was comical and we had some good laughs. We made it back in time for me to talk to my other Cousin Big Robert when he called before I headed out to our River House for a few days.
All in All it was a nice low key Easter with close family. I'm so glad to be home, I hate more than anything missing out on Holidays and big family events. I'm really close with my family and being away from home isn't the easiest at times. Although I wouldn't change a thing because if it wasn't for the Army I would have never met my hubbs and have some of the friends I do. 
So as they say everything happens for a reason and I truly believe that!!!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Awww looks like you had such a great Easter, just hanging out with fam and eating good food. Your Mom is beautiful...I see where you get it from now!

Janna Renee said...

Aww! Great time with the family! It's crazy when everyone grows up!