Monday, January 4, 2010

Ka'iwi Hike


We made our way around the island late morning heading to the Ka'iwi Scenic Shoreline also known as Makapu‘u Point Lighthouse Trail. With a line of cars out the entrance we slowly made our way in, lucky enough to get a parking spot right at the start of the trail.
It was a perfect day for a hike and we took full advantage of it. I believe Hawaii is one of the most beautiful place's I have ever been to and I can't believe we are lucky enough to live here.
I love looking over the mountains into the ocean and across the deep blue sea. I love walking up so high that I see the whole island down below more breath taking than ever.

A little glimpse of our walk up the Ka'iwi Scenic Shoreline.


Looking down across Kaneohe Bay

He is the reason I smile each & every day. :)


Can you believe we live just around the bend.


We were half way to the top, you could see the light house around the corner.


Historic red-roofed Makapu‘u Lighthouse built in 1909.

2 comments:

J said...

Beautiful photos! I'm missing Hawaii so much because of all your beautiful pictures. I went back and started going through our honeymoon album because I miss Hawaii so much. We plan on visiting Kauii when we are family of 3! Lazy beach days with our baby...I can't wait!

I can't get over how blue the water is...

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Isn't the view from the lighthouse spectacular?!?! What a fabulous way to spend the day :)