Sunday, January 24, 2010

Maunawili Falls






We set out today headed to Maunawili Falls. Once we found the falls, trying to find parking was a NIGHTMARE times 10. However we managed and were on our way trekking through the forest checking out the breath taking Ko'olaus Mountains and the small water fall trail as we followed down the path. We made our way down to the water fall were there was a deep cool pool of water. There many locals & tourist included were jumping from the top of the fall down into the pool of water. I sat and enjoyed the view as my pants and shoes were already muddy I didn't want to get them any worse. lol Needless to say I didn't leave nearly as clean as I was when we arrived.
It was so comical trying to cross the different streams & watch out for muddy patches as we made our way to the end. I truly enjoyed our day out together. Moment's like today remind me how much I really am loving our time here in Hawaii. :)













We had a wonderful time even with a few slips here and there. hee hee. :) Love you Babe.

2 comments:

J said...

Hawaii has by far the best waterfalls! I could hike in HI all day! Looks like you guys had a great time!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Talk about perfect timing when it comes to you getting the pic of Gabe slipping....hehe :) It looks like you guys had a fab time! Too bad there were so many peeps there once you reached the falls (that's always a peeve of mine)...you could've had a romantic rendezvous ;)