Thursday, January 28, 2010

Press ____ for:

OK so today was one of the most annoying, aggravating days at the CDC since I have started a year ago and there has been some pretty bad days but this one tops it off. We have this little girl & her brother (I'll call her C & him S) in our class and with it being hourly they are only there every once in a while, normally 2 or 3 times a week. But that is 2 or 3 times to many for us. So C is 2 1/2 almost 3 years old and not potty trained still in diapers who talks like a baby. Her brother S on the other hand is 13 months and well a whole nother story. C has a VERY hard time listening & doing things the first time told. She is FULL of energy and a ball of it. Picture a child that stuck their hand in a light socket. She is such a doll with long curly hair and has the cuttest personality ever. (when she is not bouncing off every piece of furniture in the classroom.) But sometimes enough is just enough and today did it. The child opens the classroom door and trys to escape. She can reach the crock pot on the counter which is on & hot mind you. Today somehow she managed to reach the fire alarm on the wall and I though I was about to go OFF. Nap time came and any other day they are picked up by 12pm so no nap for them, but today was different they were there till 2pm. OMG, are you freaking kidding me. I just wanted 2 O'clock to hurry up and fast. S went to sleep pretty well after Crystal sat with him for a while. C on the other hand did not, I tryed sitting with her and rubbing her back, patting her back even letting her lay there by herself with me sitting by her. Crystal tryed everything she could and NOTHING. She has this stuffed beanbag animal that she calls "PINKY" (its pink), its like her security thing. We let her have that in hopes that it would calm her down but no. So we took it away and that didn't bother her a bit. She was jumping around throwing her blankets and laughing. She ended up waking up another child as well as her brother.
Crystal and I were just beside ourselves, we called management in for help and got no were. Seeings she isn't potty trained she cant move classes. UGH!!!!! We did what we could to not pay attention to her goofiness and acting up in class during nap time. But it was so hard, we just couldn't take it anymore. It truly was the longest day in history of working at the CDC. We started just joking around and being goofy which then caused us to crack up laughing causing C to bust out laughing which was annoying because she had no clue what we were saying or why we were laughing. Oh children, days like today remind me just why I am not ready for my own. I know people say that its different when its your own and I truly believe that. No, way my child would ever get to that point but one day..... one day we will have a mini Gabe or TT running around.

This was just one of the punch lines Crystal & I came up with. We had a blast and had to do something to keep ourselves sane while the time went by very slowly.

Press for: #1~ a shot gun, #2~ duck tape, #3 ~ a bat, #4~ a bullet, #5~ a drink, #6~ a drink w/ Alcohol #7~ hook #8~ wooden spoon #9~ run me over #0~ ALL THE ABOVE. This is the way Crystal & I felt after dealing with a 3yr old today...OMG longest day in history. I don't have kids but I know that this is not how they are suppose to act.

We had a parent bring in some Chocolate covered Strawberry's for us she had gotten for her birthday the day before and was so kind to share with us. After C & S left I jumped into the bowl of strawberries and was in HEAVEN. It was just what we needed after the day we had just been through. Thanks Mrs. E.

Just thought I'd share about our day at the CDC and some of the joys that come along with it.

No comments: