Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back in Business

When was in Texas I was babysitting ALL THE TIME. Ever since I moved out to Hawaii I really haven't at all. Every great once in a blue moon I would watch our friends son for a hour or so but wouldn't make anything out of it (fine by me).
However that all changed yesterday at work. One of the mom's came in and was dropping off her daughter (she was new to our program) and asked if I babysat and I said yes. She got all excited and asked for my info. "SWEET" I though, I could always use a bit of extra cash here and there. She said she would be using me allot and would pay well (that's always a plus).
So she left and the day went on, that afternoon she came back to pick up her little girl and asked if I could babysit tomorrow night (meaning Wednesday) sure I said.
WOW, totally didn't see that one coming at all. I mean her coming right back and asking me to work the next night. I was super excited because when I was in Texas I would make so much money just from babysitting. Ya I work with kids all day during the day so why would I want to do it when I get off. Well I don't mind it, even better when the hubbs and I have something planned she can go with for the most part. (she's 2 1/2)

So the evening well, I showed up at 7pm and L. was out the door shortly after. A & I did some reading and a bit of playing hide & seek, a few episodes of her favorite show Dora, a sippy cup of chocolate milk and a twirl of her magic wand and a few short hours later she was sleeping like a baby in her bing bag curled up next to me in the living room.
L. asked what my weekend plans were and so it looks like I might be watching her again this weekend. I told her that my sweet Gabers was going to be gone to NTC Mid Feb. to Mid April so I was totally open during that whole time as well, so hopefully this will keep me busy then to help the time go by that he is gone.
I am super excited to be back in the babysitting business, as crazy as it sounds I do enjoy it.
It dose help when you have a little ones that is sweet, good and minds well when I'm watching them. I don't do little devil children, lol sorry but no.

3 comments:

J said...

I agree, nothing beats babysitting! I love the kids I watch...it is great money and they are great kids! Sound like you got yourself a little side job that will pay great and it helps that the little girl is so sweet. She is the perfect age...small enough to be cute but old enough to know "better."

J said...

oh, and you will love UP. You guys are like that couple too...watch it, it is good for a cartoon. I hope you like it!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Haha...I love the devil children comment!