Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Military wife survery...

1. How long have you been a military wife? 3 1/2 years

2. What branch of service is your husband? Army

3. Active/Reserve? Active Duty

4. What is his job? Infantryman

5. How many deployments have you gone through? 2 ~ 1 -15 month to Iraq & 1 -12 month to Iraq

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man? If I had to pick it would be camo

7. What do you like about being a military wife? The friendships Ive made along the way & the way its brought my husband & I closer.

8. Do you live on base? We sure do!!!

9. What is your favorite base so far? Schofield Barracks has been our first & only duty station so far so I have to say HERE!!!.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life? The times we have to be apart when he is up in harms way.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary? I shop at the commissary since we live on post & the prices are lower compared to off post here in Hawaii.

12. Do you work or stay at home? I work full time, as well I am a full time wife & homemaker

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? I have a lot of military friends but only a few close ones that I have really opened up to and let into our life.

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX? The PX because its close but we love going to take a gander around the NEX.

15. How did your husband propose? One night while visiting me back in Texas on our drive home.

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before? He was already in when we met and got married & still is.

17. How long have you been together? This November will make 5 years!!!

18. Any kids? NOPE nor here

19. Any kids yet to come? no...& not for a while if any either.

20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys? No he does his job and does it to the fullest but when he is not in uniform you would never know he was in the army unless you talked to him for a bit.

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband? No

22. How many bases have you lived at? 1

23. If you could change one thing about the military? How the families are treated.

24. Do you like military balls? UGH, never been but we have one coming up on July 9th & I'm totally stressing over it.

25. Where does your family live? His family is in Arizona...mine are in Texas

26. What do you do for a job? I work at the CDC on post.

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife? Nope can't say that I have.

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone? Stay as busy as I can.

29. Do you think other wives do that too? In their own way I'm sure they do.

No comments: