Saturday, April 16, 2011

TGIF

I am so glad this week is finally over, its been the week from down under if you know what I mean. Work the first three days was incredibly crazy and busy. We had over 16 kiddos each day and alot of them were new so that made for some stressful times as well. My 3rd staff member was out all week which truly I'm not complaining about at all it was quiet nice. The business of the days made the week go by fairly fast which is always a bonus.
Monday & Tuesday I came home from work and did my run with the pups up at the track. Then we just vegged out the rest of the evening. A simple dinner each night a bit of trash tv, chatting with the hubbs and then off to bed it was for me. After my long crazy work days I've been totally exhausted when I get home & just wanna crash.
Wednesday my most favorite person came to visit me at work. It was like old times when she worked there, we just hung out and talked. I only had two little ones in the evening when she came up so that was nice, I wasn't running around doing a million things. We made dinner plans for that evening at Chili's "ummm chips & salsa how I love you." We got there about 7:15 & didn't end up leaving till well after 9pm. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant when we walked out & they were even cleaning up getting ready to close for the night. It was nice to get out for dinner, have someone wait on us & just chat the night away. Talking about anything & every thing we could think of. I'm so glad we have each other to go to when we have problems or exciting or sad things to tell. My spouse is my everything she is the most sweetest person that I have ever met & I'm so grateful to have her in my life. This deployment definetly would have not been the same were it not for her & I am so happy that I'm here to follow her through hers.
I was really looking forward to Thursday night because it mint dinner downtown in Waikiki. A old friend I use to work with back in Texas at PCL (Premier Capital Lending) was here in Hawaii vacationing & we had made plans to get together. S & B are such a sweet loving couple & their 16 year old son was with them as well. Let me tell you apparently to the wait staff he didn't look 16 because he order a margarita & didn't get carded at all but yet me I order a drink the waiter asks for my ID. I can't figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing seeing's I'll be 25 in a couple days.



We had dinner at Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville chowing down on their Famous Volcano Nachos. Which just so happened to be piled high and topped with chili, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos, tomato, scallions & beef. They had to have been some of the best nachos I've had in a long time. We spent the evening catching up on life & what had gone on with the company & everyone that was there when I left almost 2 1/2 years ago. I absolutely loved working at PCL some days I wish it had never gone under and I could go back to Texas & work there again. That night as we were just talking it seemed like just another PCL get together minus the 15 other crazy people we worked with. I have to say that was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Not only did it give me a insight to the home mortgage world but it was a family owned & operated company who loved their staff & really took care of us.
We wrapped the night up with a little bit of country music at a local bar Nashvilles Waikiki. Last time I was there was w/ Gabe & a few other friends a few weeks before he deployed so it had been awhile. It has to be the smallest little joint I've ever been to but I sure do love me some country tunes.
Finally it was Friday, with no plans after work I was looking forward to a much needed movie night at home. As I was out doing my nightly run it decided to rain on me. Now any other time before I would have turned around & gone back home. Not now though I'm determined to finish what I start & the pups seemed to be enjoying it since it kept them nice & cool. Dinner consisted of grilled chicken breast seasoned with few different seasonings to give it some extra flair. Along with a side of fried rice & a few slices of cantaloupe which is one of my favorite fruits to munch on.
Earlier in the week I had purchased a new movie "Country Strong" & my Netflix dvd "It's Complicated" came in the mail. So that is what filled my evening. Oh & talking to my love of course the best part of the night :)
I am so happy its finally Friday night, a much needed break from the crazy stressful week at work I had. I plan on enjoying the weekend to the fullest. I am meeting up with S & B on Saturday after I pick up my two little ones I'm watching and we are going to venture down to the North Shore for the day. Sunday I have NO plans what so ever so we will see what the day brings. Next week is only a THREE day work week for me since I took two days off for my birthday :) WOOHOO!!!!!!! Easter weekend as well so Brunch at the Officers Club on Hickam Just my spouse & I Sunday morning. I can't wait for next week & we are that much closer to APRIL being OVER & even closer to this deployment coming to a END.
Speaking of the deployment here is a updated picture of the paper chain we have in our classroom at the center.

NOT MUCH LONGER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: