Sunday, April 12, 2009

What was Empty is now Full



With this being our first home together we didn't have any furniture at all, so when Gabe was home on R&R in November we went MEGA shopping. Thankfully from our wedding shower & the wedding we had all the house hold items we needed and more. Just no furniture, not really knowing how the house we would be getting here in Hawaii would be laid out and the space we were going to have made it alittle hard but we managed. I moved in and got everything put together the pictures hung and the boxes unpacked, and the house was now a HOME!



However there was this huge spot right in our family room that was empty and really didn't make any sense. For weeks & weeks now we have been talking about what to do with the space. Should we put a desk there or a work out unit, a over sized chair or what. We just couldn't figure it out.

So yesterday we went to Pier 1 Imports to see if any thing sparked our eye, & well there was this desk unit that caught Gabe's eye right off the bat that he liked. "I asked him were we would put it" and "he said I don't know I just like it". I wasn't so crazy about it at first because the color was not the same as everything else we had in our family room. (I like for everything to some what flow) We looked around a bit more and headed off to the furniture store down the road, didn't have much luck there. Then it hit me....we got out entertainment unit from Target so why not look there. I found a table / desk that matched but wasn't able to find any bar stool's to go with it and that piece was only sold on line so I wouldn't be able to see it before we bought it. Today we headed down to Target to see what they had (I just love love love having Target in Hawaii now, I don't know what I would have done living here for so long and having to order everything I wanted from them on line) they really didn't have much to choose from so I was a bit bumbed out. We decided to stop off at Pier 1 on our way home again and just look at the table there a bit more, (by this point after looking at it the day before and just getting so many different idea's on what we could use it for in our empty space was kinda growing on me). We stood there and pondered for a while and then decided to go with it. It is a 5 piece table all sold separate (the table / desk and 4 stools), we went with the table and 2 stools (figured if we wanted at a later time to get to other two we could). YEAH!!!! I was so excited, I had so many idea's and best of all our empty space would be empty no more. Thank goodness for my Babe and his good eyes.


As soon as we got home after eating lunch Gabe got everything put together and set up and I started putting everything on the shelves (it worked out perfect for our cook book collection we have started because we have alot now, and my photo albums as well as a few other things), there is open storage on both side for plenty of stuff to go. I am just loving it so much, it is going to work perfect in our family room for so many different things and I am definitely going to get the other 2 stools as well as some type of shag rug to put under it to help make it is own little space.



I never though our house would become a HOME so quickly. Before he came home from Iraq, that was my one goal when I got here to Hawaii. I wanted My Love to be able to come home to everything complete and put together were he didn't have to do anything and I did just that. Now this just top's the cake and really completes this room and our home.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I love it...it is perfect and it is very useful! I wish I could find my batery charger...our house is done, but I don't have my camera to take pitures! :(

Nichole said...

It looks great Tiffany! I can't wait to be able to see it in person!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Every time we go to Pier 1, Allen points out that table. It's a great workspace!! Very nice :)