Thursday, April 2, 2009

Germany WHAT!!!!

What seemed like forever one December day I sat and watch each and everything we owned packed away in boxes. Upon my arrival to Hawaii, that's all I wanted was our HHG's. I couldn't stand the though of them traveling across the ocean and having to pretty much sit and wait and deal with what I had at the moment. Finally the day came February 9th. I was moving in to our Home & boxes were being delivered, I was so excited. So after doing the walk through inspection w/ the housing lady, I walk out side to see the movers unpacking one of the crates that had my name on it. However as I started looking at everything they were pulling down and unpacking I quickly came to notice that NONE of that was mine. So back in the crate it must go. On to the next one, the minute they opened it I new it was mine and went about my way and let them do their job. As they pulled down the boxes I quickly opened them and took everything out so they could take the boxes. (I didn't want to be left with them) Finally one down and one to go. As I am nearing the end of unpacking all the rest of the boxes, I come to realize I am still missing stuff. This made me think.....ummmmm is it in that first crate and maybe just behind the other stuff. So I asked them to open it back up and we took a look, but nope none of it was ours. Trying to stay calm, but going through my head thinking of everything that was missing like all our wedding stuff, some of my photo albums, all my pictures that hung on the wall in my room, Jared's computer, some kitchen stuff and bedroom stuff, all of our Christmas stuff, OMG the list goes on and on. I was on the phone with in minutes with the moving company explaining to them what was going on. The lady I spoke with said she would find out what happen and give me a call right back. With in 20 minutes she had called back and informed me that some how our missing crate was some how switch at the Dallas ware house with someone Else's. (hints the reason the first crate was not our stuff). The crate we got belonged to a family that PCSed to Germany and they got our other one. Nice, "so what happens now" I ask her? They told me that we had to wait and when they had some one scheduled to move to Hawaii from Germany our crate would be on the shipment. AWH....now I'm frustrated not knowing if we will ever get the rest of our stuff or not or even when. And sadly 85% of the stuff on there can not be replaced. So week after week I would call to check on the status of our shipment and I was always told the same old thing "Its still in Germany". Jared called when he got home and not much had changed "it was still in Germany" aaaaahhhh when will we ever get it. At this point I'm willing to pay to have it sent here & Jared says that when his time comes to a end here in Hawaii he is just gonna request to go to Germany since our stuff is there already. lol BUT, yesterday while I was waiting for him to come home from the gym I decided to call yet again. Finally something different, they told me our stuff is on its way & it has to clear customs (since its coming from another country, no thanks to us) which can take any were from one day to a week. Hey fine by me and then they will give us a call for a delivery date. Thanks freakin goodness.....I just want the rest of our stuff so our home can officially be complete. Yeah we would live with out it but that would majorly blow seeing's that we can't replace hardly any of it. I can only hope that when we leave this rock that things work out alittle bit better.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey Tiff,

I'm glad you commented on my site. I am so glad Jared is in your arms for good (or for the time being)! :)

You need to give me that kabob recipe...it looked so good! I know it sucks that your stuff is in Germany but atleast Germany gave you what you loved the most! :)

I love Hawaii...all your pics remind me of our beautiful honeymoon. I wanted to go next summer but we might see my sis in Australia.