Saturday, August 1, 2009

My day w/o the Hubb's :(


It started off as any other day (just w/ Gabe not here) up @ 6:30 in the morning w/ the pups. Normally I would of just let them out to go potty and then back to their kennels so I could get a bit more sleep but I figured I'm up now why go back to bed.
After cleaning up a bit and a bowl of cereal for breakfast I headed over to pick up Annie. We had plans to chill at the beach for a bit today. I was looking forward to it even with the ugly clouds coming over head. It was nice to just get out for a bit and chit chat together. She is such a sweet heart.
After a relaxing trip to North Shore I headed home for a bite of lunch then started feeling adventures. So I grabbed my bag w/o even changing and headed to Waikiki. I figured I would take advantage of the beautiful day out & take a walk down the beach strip and do a bit of window shopping. OMG, was it so hot out and crowded. That's one thing I just LOVE about living in Hawaii. The tourist feel of downtown but then the homie feel of Schofield. After walking around a bit & talking with my bestie Angela on the phone I decided to call it a trip. Back to the car I went but not to head home just quite yet.


I rolled down the windows, opened the sun roof, let my hair down and turned up the radio. A drive around the Island was just what I needed. So as I headed around the corner of KoKo Head I took in the wonderful views of the Pacific Ocean. "Man I just love our life in Hawaii" I though to myself.


I made a pit stop at Halona Blowhole Lookout. It was just amazing, the waves were huge. I had never seen them that big since I have been here so I was pretty stoked. Just watching the water crash up against the rocky shore line was amazing. I probably could of just sat there all day and watched the waves. My plan is to go back with Gabe and take a dip in the tiny cove there by the Blow Hole were a part of the movie From Here to Eternity was filmed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Shortly later I headed back to the car to make my way around the Kaneohe side of the Island. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live on this side of the Island.(however w/ our drive to & from work for the two of us that just wouldn't work) I think it is just so beautiful. I don't know what it is but I just love driving along the H3 Freeway. Maybe its the scenery with the mountains along one side and the ocean view on the other. (it still amazes me that it took $100 million for each of the 16 miles to build) After taking it all in, including the sunny sky's then the cloudy sprinkles back and forth I decided to head for the tunnel. :) Another one of my favorite features of Hawaii. But not before taking a couple of wrong turns. Thank goodness I remembered to grab the GPS out of Gabe's truck before I left, it helped me get back on track.

I had a fantastic time jamming out in my super sweet car along the shore lines of Oahu today. It helped (just for a split moment) take away the horrible sadness of My Love being away right now.

No comments: