Monday, December 13, 2010

Baked to Perfection!!!

My "Army Spouse" & I decided to put together a cookie exchange this holiday season. When she first mentioned it to me I had no clue what the heck she was talking about. After some explaining on her end, I was all about it. For those of you like me who don't know what the heck I'm talking about. A cookie exchange is were you and a group of friends get together and swap cookies and recipes. We invited some friends here on island to join us along and started baking away. It wasn't till two days before that I finally decided on what I was going to make. Crispy Chocolate Chewies it was, made from a German Chocolate cake mix and a few other sweet treats they turned out perfecto!!!!



I made an additional sweet treat to take as well, Cinnamon Sugar Pecans that is. I was more impressed with myself on the way they turned out I think than I was with my cookies. It was another first for me, but definitely not a last.



Sarah aka "my army spouse" had different flavors of Hot Chocolate, Apples Cider, Kool~Aid, Chex Mix & of course CANDY CANES!!! We enjoyed the company of other Army spouse's sharing stories & chatting. I love baking & cooking and trying new things and can't wait to do it again. Although there was talk that next time I think we might do something other than cookies.



Here is just a sneak peak at some of the goodies from our cookie exchange !!!!!!!!!! :)







CRISPY CHOCOLATE CHEWIES


Prep: 20 minutes ~ Oven 350 F
Bake: 10 minutes per batch
stand: 1 minute per batch
makes: about 40 cookies


1 ~ 18.25- ounce package German Chocolate Cake Mix
1/2 ~ cup melted butter
1/4 ~ cup milk
1 ~ egg lightly beaten
3/4 ~ cup crisp rice cereal
1/4 ~ cup coconut
1 ~ cup purchased coconut-peacan frosting

1) Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl combine cake mix, melted butter, milk and egg. Beat on low speed until well mixed. Stir in cereal and the 1/4 cup coconut. Drop dough by round teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

2) Bake 10-12 minutes or unitl bottoms are lightly browned. Let stand for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack and let cool. Frost cooled cookies with coconut-pecan frosting. Sprinkle with coconut.

to store ~ layer unfrosted cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies; frost with coconut-pecan frosting and sprinkle with coconut.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Thanks for inviting me again chickadee! It was fun getting to try all the different recipes :)